Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I should have a copy of Madden 2005 tomorrow...

RAC

EA is sending out copies of Madden to the people who visited EA headquarters a few weeks ago as part of their Elite Community Leaders program. My copy went out via Fedex tonight and I should have it sometime tomorrow morning. We will be answering questions over at the www.maddennation.com forums for those of you who have them. I will be extremely busy tomorrow answering questions but I will do my best to get over here at some point and answer some Redskins related question. The best place of catching me though is at Madden Nation.

Also, here's something that might give you Madden fans a chuckle. Some friends and I recently started working on a site called www.maddenholiday.com . It's a Madden appreciation site of sorts. There will be videos from all over the country where we talk to Madden fans about their love for the game.. that sort of thing. Right now in the multimedia section there are some clips I did that are fake Madden related interviews that I did with celebrities using some soundboards. There is also an amusing ESPN video to check out.

If you stop by Madden Holiday make sure and sign the petition that says we'd like to make the Madden release day a national holiday that everyone can take off of work. It might seems silly and yes I know it will not actually happen, it's just something to show EA how much we appreciate their hard work. EA is in full support of the petition and I promise they are paying close attention what's going on over there. There is also a place where fans can contribute to show EA what Madden means to them. If you have any questions or comments about the madden Holiday stuff please shoot us an email at maddenholiday@aol.com

Anyway, I will do my best to get over here tomorrow at some point with Redskins Madden info, but if I don't you know where to find me. Thanks.

-RAC

The ESPN video is making fun of the fact that you can run right into the line of scrimmage and hit the spin button several times in order to gain yardage. The passing part illustrates that the zone defenses are totally worthless and even if there are 5 players around the ball you can still complete the pass. The video was not made by those of us who run the site though, someone gave it to us and we thought it was amusing so we threw it up there. Either way I'd like to keep this thread free of arguing between fans of both games if possible so that I can get the Madden guys some info. I know that was not your intention I just want to be certain this thread doesn't get all crazy. Thanks.

Originally posted by manichispanic

espn is a good accent, its not a completely diffferent game from last year, which Im hoping madden is

I played it for about 4-6 hours a couple of weeks ago out at EA. The gameplay engine really is the same. People who liked the feel of past Maddens will like this one. Those who do not care for it while not like it any more this year. A lot of the AI problems that plagued past versions appear to be gone, but it's definitely still Madden... so you won't see any revolutionary changes.

Originally posted by manichispanic

espn is a good accent, its not a completely diffferent game from last year, which Im hoping madden is

how can you make it a completely different game? add weapons? possibilty for fighting? training camp where you can create a player/draftee and you control him and try to help him make the team?

Archived