Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

..another Blue Lot tail-gating question...

Skinsfan1311

Good Morning!

.....In the Blue lots, an earlier post warned against leaving anything portable out. With that in mind, (I have a small grill, that can easily walk) I'd like dump my charcoal, before we go into the stadium. Is there any place to dump your coals. I know in some of the lots, at the Crows stadium, they provide 55 gallon drums for ash disposal. Any other tips, or suggestions concerning the Blue Lots, or tailgating at FedEx field would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are containers provided to dump coals. If I remember right, they're specially designated dumpsters rather than 55 gallon drums.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe the Red Lot denizens are a more honest bunch, but I've left my grills out during the game in the past without a problem. I just sort of tuck it under the car, half out of sight.

Obviously, the safer thing to do is to dump the coals, cool the grill off, and lock it up, but that can be a hassle.

Anyway, happy tailgating.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Dan T.

There are containers provided to dump coals. If I remember right, they're specially designated dumpsters rather than 55 gallon drums.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe the Red Lot denizens are a more honest bunch, but I've left my grills out during the game in the past without a problem. I just sort of tuck it under the car, half out of sight.

Obviously, the safer thing to do is to dump the coals, cool the grill off, and lock it up, but that can be a hassle.

Anyway, happy tailgating.

:cheers:

When I went to a game in KC a few years back I heard of a story where a tailgater tucked his grill under the car and then went into the stadium. Sometime later the car exploded!

I'm sure you realize this could happen, but I thought it was a wild story.

Archived