Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you believe it?!!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

So much for all that talk about the Pistons being no match for the lakers. Here's how the series has played out so far....

Game 1 - Pistons dominated the lakers

Game 2 - Lakers escaped with a win

Game 3 - Pistons destroyed the lakers

That doesn't look good for LA if you ask me.

Originally posted by Destino

So much for all that talk about the Pistons being no match for the lakers. Here's how the series has played out so far....

Game 1 - Pistons dominated the lakers

Game 2 - Lakers escaped with a win

Game 3 - Pistons destroyed the lakers

That doesn't look good for LA if you ask me.

No doubt about it. The first three games of this series set the tone for the rest, and the Pistons have come up completely on top, including overcoming some adversity in having a tough loss but coming back and no, not just beating, but dominating. A 20 point win. Backcourt domination (many had doubts about how well Hamilton would do in a Kobe-Hamilton stat comparison, but he's shown that he can stand up).

The only things for LA are Fisher and/or Malone getting more healthy and providing some type of spark, GP waking up... Phil doing something creative and pulling a rabbit out of a hat. But in this case, Larry's got answers and talent to make his answers work. The Lakers are in trouble, and as Stephen A. Smith said on Sportscenter tonight, if the Pistons win the next game, it'll be a hard sell to make some analysts believe this series goes back to LA.

Go Pistons!

- the pessimist in me forces me to say the Lakers still have Shaq and Kobe, and as long as you have them, anything's possible. You gotta like Detroit's chances now, though, no matter what.

I have enjoyed the heck out of this series so far. I am especially loving the long faces on the Lakers' bench, and the befuddled look on Phil Jackson's face. Karma's a *****, gentlemen. Arrogance and talent only gets you so far. Phoning in games will catch up with you eventually. I'm not seeing hard work and determination coming out of that team en masse - here and there, yes, but not out of everyone.

Go Pistons! :)

Archived