Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Dale Jr doing in a Fed-Ex thread???!!

bubba9497

Teleconference Interview With Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Race Date May 25, 2004

http://insiderracingnews.com/PR2004/053004g.html

excerpt:

(DO YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION ABOUT THE NEW POINT SYSTEM NOW THAT YOU'RE IN THE LEAD AND GOING THROUGH IT?)

"Well, I've thought about every scenario before the season started because we got a lot of questions about whether we liked it or thought we wouldn't like it. I thought about that scenario where if you're in the lead and you could lose 400 points to everybody. It kind of aggravated you to think about it like that. If you were Matt Kenseth last year and had that great lead and then had to lose it all at the end of 26 races for the shootout, that would be frustrating, obviously. But if it happens, it happens. It's going to be frustrating for whoever is in the lead. But the more I think about it, I look at it more like elimination rounds in a way. You've got 10 races and you really can't have a poor finish in any of them. Somebody in that group of drivers is going to put together 10 consistently good weeks. And that's going to win the championship. You've got to be ready for that. I'm a huge Washington Redskins fan. And say they won every regular season game and then lost in the first round of the playoff. That's what I would compare it to."

Archived