Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Digital Camera people...about to buy one, opinions wanted.

TankRizzo

Kodak EasyShare DX6490 4MP Digital Camera w/ 10x Optical Zoom

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AJMOI/qid=1085408259/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/102-9890552-4152968?v=glance&s=photo&n=507846

B0000AJMOI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000AJMOI.01.PT06.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000AJMOI.01.PT07.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Product Specifications

CCD Resolution: 4.23 MP (2408x1758 pixels)

Image Resolution: 4.0 megapixel (2304x1728 pixels)

Image Quality: 4.0MP - best (print, enlargement 20" x 30"), 3.5MP - best (optimized ratio for 4" x 6" prints, 3:2), 2.1MP - better (small print), 1.1 MP - good (e-mail)

Zoom: 30Xtotal zoom, 10Xoptical zoom, 6.3-63.2mm (35mm equivalent: 38-380mm), 3.0XAdvanced Digital Zoom

Focus/Auto-Focus: Multi-zone, center-spot

Focus Distance: Wide std. - 0.6m (2 ft.) to infinity; tele std. -- 2m (6.6 ft.) to infinity; wide/tele infinity: 20m (65.6 ft.) to infinity

Display: LCD - 2.2" (5.6cm) 153k pixels, Indoor/Outdoor display

Aperture: f/2.8 - 8.0 (wide); f3.7 - 8.0 (tele)

Shutter Speed: 16-1/1700 seconds

ISO Equivalent: Automatic - (80 - 160); Selectable - 80/100/200/400/800

White Balance: Auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent

Flash Mode: Automatic, fill, red-eye, off; external flash synch available

Flash Range: Wide - 0.5 - 4.9m (1.6 - 16.1ft.); tele - 2.0 - 3.7m (6.6 - 12.1 ft.)

Viewfinder: Electronic - 1.1cm (.44 in.), 180K pixels (800x225)

Self-Timer: 10 seconds

Scene/Other Modes: Automatic, sport, portrait, night, landscape, close-up, program (aperture priority, shutter priority), manual

Color Mode: Color, black and white, sepia, saturated, neutral, sharpness (sharp, standard, soft)

Macro/Close-Up Mode: Wide - 12 - 70cm (4.7 - 27.6 in.); tele - 120-210cm (47.2 - 82.7 in.)

Burst Mode: 3 fps, up to 6 pictures

Light Metering Method: TTL-AE (menu selectable: multi-pattern, center weighted, center spot

Exposure Compensation: +/- 2.0 EV with 0.33 EV step increments

Exposure Control: Program AE aperature priority, shutter priority, manual

Click to Capture: 0.65 seconds

Shot to Shot: Less than 2 seconds

Movie Mode: Continuous digital video with audio capture, audio playback on camera

Movie Image Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels at 20 fps

Movie Length: Up to 80 minutes, limited by capacity of external memory card

Capture Mode: Capture always ready

Auto-Orientation: Auto picture rotation

Delete: Dedicated delete button

Review: Dedicated review button

Share: Dedicated share button

Review Mode: 2X or 4X magnify, picture info, slide show, multi-up, fast scroll, protect, albums

Video Out: NTSC, PAL (user-selectable)

Software: Kodak EasyShare software v3.1

Interface: Dock Compatibility - Kodak EasyShare camera dock 6000, Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000

Storage: Internal storage: 16 MB internal memory, External storage: MMC/SD card expansion slot

Power Pptions: DC in jack on side of camera for 5V adapter; Kodak EasyShare Li-ion rechargeable battery (KLIC 5000 or KLIC 5501), Kodak EasyShare camera dock 6000 and Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000

Image File Format: Still: JPEG/EXIF v2.2; movie: Quicktime

Interface: USB 2.0 compatible, Kodak EasyShare camera dock 6000 and Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000 compatible

Lens Protection: Lens cap tethered to camera body

Tripod Mount: 1/4 inch standard

Weight: Without batteries and memory card: 337g (11.9 oz.)

Dimensions: WxHxD: 99.6 x 79.9 x 81.2 mm (3.9 x 3.1 x 3.2 inches)

Warranty: One year

Package Contents: Kodak EasyShare DX6490 zoom digital camera and Kodak EasyShare camera dock 6000, 5V AC adapter, Audio/video cable, USB cable, Neck strap, Lens cap with tether, Dock, Kodak EasyShare Li-ion rechargeable battery, Kodak EasyShare software CD with interactive software tutorial, Welcome kit and user's guide, Custom camera insert for Kodak EasyShare 6000 series camera and printer docks

It's $399 at Best Buy (and I have a 10% off coupon). It doesn't have the dock w/ it, I'll probably just buy the printer dock later on. But anyhow, what's the verdict on this. I messed around w/ it in the store and it seemed pretty sweet. 10x optical zoom = :cool:

I would have bought it on site but they were out and won't be getting any more in until later this week.

Tank there are a couple websites you may want to check out before buying this camera. They'll give you reviews and sample images so that you can get an idea of what you're getting. Check out: www.imaging-resource.com and www.dpreview.com

Edit: Imaging Resource is really cool, you can compare images from 2 cameras side by side, to get an idea of which one does better and where (i.e. Low Lighting, Artificial vs. Natural lighting etc.).

Originally posted by jbooma

If you want to get a camera you never have to worry about again and don't mind spending the money go with the cannon digital rebel :cheers:

Quoted for truth. It is quite a bit more than the camera you have listed, but the Canon Digital Rebel is as good as it gets for sub $1000 digital cameras.

Tank, I bught a Kodak EasyShare 3.1 MP camera last year and was satisfied with it. The one I had did not nearly have the features of a Canon or Olympus. Plus I thought the image quality was subpar compared to other 3.1 MP cameras. I ended up returning it and am still looking for another camera myself.

I'm only looking to spend about $400 on this btw. If you have other cameras to suggest can you please supply a link? Thanks again for all of the info :) Pretty much all of the reviews I've read on this particular camera have been mostly positive.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

I'm only looking to spend about $400 on this btw. If you have other cameras to suggest can you please supply a link? Thanks again for all of the info :) Pretty much all of the reviews I've read on this particular camera have been mostly positive.

In that case this camera is a good one.

Depending on the size of the pics you want to print I wouldn't go with a printer port. I would go ahead and get a $150 dollar photo printer. With a 4 mexapixel camera you can print 8x11

I have a kodak easyshare cx-6330 I think, and I love it. It takes good quality video with sound, and the picture quality is pretty rich as well. Go to sites like www.dcresource.com and www.dpreview.com. Also, what I did was look at sites that had user reviews, amazon is a great site for reviews, circuit city also has customer reviews on products they sell. Going to a site like www.techbargains.com and clicking on the 'find lowest price' tab, you can search for your camera or similar ones and they may have user reviews on there as well, techbargains search method is very similar to www.pricegrabber.com, I think they are the same actually.

I trust user reviews more as those are people who have used cameras and just give their own experience.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

They have some good deals on ebay right now. You can actually buy cameras straight from Olympus. I saw a 6.1 MP one go for about $375.

Archived