Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Industrial strength sized baby born in Mexico...........

TC4

Thank goodness at least the delivery was a Caesarean section:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5022344/

Newborn baby is one in 40,000

Infant born in Mexico weighs over 13 pounds

040520_baby_hmed_7a0.hmedium.jpg

Pedro Garcia, delivered by Caesarean section in the Mexican town of Santa Catalina, was born the size of a three-month old infant.

MSNBC News Services

Updated: 11:29 a.m. ET May 20, 2004

A very unusual baby was born in in Mexico this week. Blanca Rosa de Leon Garcia gave birth to a bouncing boy that weighs more than 13 pounds, about the size of a three-month-old infant.

The head of Mexico's National Institute of Health says the newborn's size is "exceptionally rare." Only about about 1 in 40,000 babies are that big at birth, he estimated.

Salvador Garcia, the baby's father, said the family is "very happy."

“We didn’t expect this though, now we have to buy bigger clothing because what we have is not going to fit," he said.

Pedro Garcia was delivered by Caesarean section.

My mom watches a 3 year old boy that weighs 90 pounds. I'm not sure how big he was at birth but he's a big'un now. Hopefully this kid's weight will even out a little as he grows.

Originally posted by LC80

My mom watches a 3 year old boy that weighs 90 pounds. I'm not sure how big he was at birth but he's a big'un now. Hopefully this kid's weight will even out a little as he grows.

Once in a while, Maury Povich on the "Maury" show, will have these babies that are like 2 or 3 years old and over 100 pounds. Their biggest problem is that they all have mothers who, when the kid begins to cry for something like a cookie or some other food, the moms hate to hear the kid crying, so they feel sorry for them and give in and let the kid eat what he or she wants.

Originally posted by TC4

Once in a while, Maury Povich on the "Maury" show, will have these babies that are like 2 or 3 years old and over 100 pounds. Their biggest problem is that they all have mothers who, when the kid begins to cry for something like a cookie or some other food, the moms hate to hear the kid crying, so they feel sorry for them and give in and let the kid eat what he or she wants.

That's the case here, also. I know he wakes up in the middle of the night and they feed him to get him to go back to bed. It's sad. He's a really great kid. I often wonder what the pediatrician tells the parents.

Originally posted by LC80

That's the case here, also. I know he wakes up in the middle of the night and they feed him to get him to go back to bed. It's sad. He's a really great kid. I often wonder what the pediatrician tells the parents.

That's really sad. Even though the parents may have the best of intentions, many would cry child abuse or mistreatment of some sort.

Originally posted by TC4

If my wife did that, I'd divorce her and tell her she gets the kids, and I'm not paying child support or alomony. I love my kids, but the most important thing for a child is discipline. Giving in to you child's wishes will only make things worse in the future.

Archived