Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cicadas in SOMD

TheShow56

They're starting to emerge in numbers around the DC area. My chain link fence has dozens of shells hanging on it. You can hear them in the background too, particularly around noon during quiet moments.. Sounds like a UFO taking off in the distance :)

still waiting for the charge in Southern Illinois and Indiana (mainly northern Evansville and then Bloomington (home of Indiana Univ.).

Suggestion for those that can't tolerate the smell, get a protective mask or a flame thrower to roast the residue.

Originally posted by section 226

I heard on the radio yesterday that they will not be in Southern Maryland. The cut off point is around the Bowie area. Most of southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore will not see cicadas.

What station did you hear that from ? I live in Fort Washington/Oxon Hill area and I havent seen any yet....I hope what you heard is true !!!!!

Its weird......my friends who live 5 minutes away had tons of cicadas as of tuesday.....it was funny I swung by my friends house and he was a bit drunk and he was running around with a miners light on his head looking for ciacadas....he kept saying have you seen them...and proceeded to drag me outside and point all of them out......it wasn't until this morning that I saw any near my house....

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

Its weird......my friends who live 5 minutes away had tons of cicadas as of tuesday.....it was funny I swung by my friends house and he was a bit drunk and he was running around with a miners light on his head looking for ciacadas....he kept saying have you seen them...and proceeded to drag me outside and point all of them out......it wasn't until this morning that I saw any near my house....

Bruce Dern is your neighbor?!

Archived