Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone hear Portis on DC101 this morning?

skins0128

Originally posted by Zuskin

So, what did Portis say about Taylor?

He said that next to Taylor himself and Taylors family, he could have not been happier with the pick. He made it sound like he was happy to be hear. He said he stuck his neck out for the guy because he's a stand up person, that he wouldn't attach his name to just any jack-ass (his words, KWII?)

He also said that he would joke around with Gibbs before the draft by saying "hey did you get those flowers Shawn Taylor and I sent yet?" :D

KW2 is 20 and immature sometimes no doubt. But what everybody knocks has a bad attitude is what will make him great. The TO comparisons are a joke if you've followed KW2's career closely.

Taylor was a fine pick and I'm sure he is happy to be a skin.

Samuels

posted on May-12th-2004 12:09 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KW2 would have been a crowd favorite without even catching passes. The guy is a hustle machine every snap. He can be seen running 20 yards downfield making bigtime blocks after already blocking a end. I love his game attitude,intensity and all out hustle. I will always enjoy his game and Shockeys for that matter. Those 2 guys are great to watch running over db's and just keep on trucking. Those are the only 2 Te's in football with that rare ability to just get nasty and play old school ball.

Just because other TEs in the league dont run their mouths all the time on the field doesnt mean they dont play "old school ball." IMO Todd Heap is better than Shockey easily.

Both Taylor and Winslow will be studs in the NFL, but we needed another playmaker on Defense much more than Offense after the loss of Champ.

Archived