Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about the NBA Playoffs

CTaylor42

The two division winners from each conference are assured the top two seeds. The Lakers were the winners of the Pacific division with the #2 seed and the Spurs, despite being the #3 seed, had a better regular season record than the Lakers, thus providing them with the home court advantage in this series.

They were a lower seed, but they still had the better record. The Spurs and the Wolves play in the same division, and two teams from the same division cannot get both the #1 and #2 seeds. The Lakers won their division, thus earning them the #2 seed. Hopefully that helps.

It's actually a pretty fair way to go....and it's happening in the Detroit/NJ series right now too. Detroit is the #3 seed but had a much better record than the Nets, so they are getting the homecourt...despite the Nets being the #2.

I'd just like to say props to the Lakers for finally showing up and doing so in a big way yesterday...they really kicked my Spurs asses. HOWEVER....i hope you recorded the game. You lake fans will be watching it over and over again this offseason after the Spurs knock you out.

:D :point2sky

I watch the NBA and enjoy it very much but I don't watch it all. I watch all my Hawks games during the regular season, watch all the Tim Duncan games, and if there's no Tim Duncan on, I'll watch KG.

Other than that, I just watch the good matchups.

I watch all the playoff games, but I only enjoy the ones with Duncan or KG.

Originally posted by big z

I'd just like to say props to the Lakers for finally showing up and doing so in a big way yesterday...they really kicked my Spurs asses. HOWEVER....i hope you recorded the game. You lake fans will be watching it over and over again this offseason after the Spurs knock you out.

:D :point2sky

I know what you mean. They completely shut Tim Duncan down. I hope the Spurs can pull it out, or I won't hear the end of it from my friend. GO SPURS!

Archived