Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help for a physics paper I'm writing.

Ignatius J.

Please help me out for a paper I am writing. I am not looking for correct answers here, so please don't go searching through the net for a great explanation, just give me your gut feeling. I am much more interested in your intuitive response.

So, can you guys answer these questions for me:

1.) What is mass?

2.) What is energy?

3.) What does the equation E=m c^2 mean?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

1) the total amount of particals something has, its bulk.

It is sorta like weight, only the mass of an object will not change if you bring it to the moon. It is the property that causes something to have weight, but doesn't need gravity at all.

2)It is the amount of force that something has over a period of time

3)E=MC^2 is an equation that tells you hom much energy(E) would be created if you took an objects mass (M) and convertied itno energy. C is a constant representing the speed of light, and you square that number for the equation.

Energy can create a mass given time, a mass over time emits energy. What I never got though was what about flipping the equation around? Is that how a nuke was thought of? Energy times mass begets nuke? I dunno....

Inertia, friction, heat...any raw power that creates a movement of sorts.....

1. amount of matter a particular substance has

2. anything that can change the condition of matter

3. equation relating mass and energy; basically that mass is a type of potential energy.

but i teach physics :)

Mass is something that Christians do on Sundays.

Energy is something that is absorbed by the tedium of work

E=mc squared is some math thingy that people talk about to prove their smart. Sort of like the when the Scarecrow spouted off the pythagorean theorem in the Wizard of Oz. E = MC squared is the new Pythagorean theorem.

Archived