Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Info on Madden

REDWOOD CITY, CA -- May 6, 2004

Madden NFL 2005 – Madden NFL 2005 introduces the Hit Stick, which gives players the ability to turn a game around with a crucial tackle and delivers the power to take control of the game from the defensive side of the ball like never before. Along with all-new defensive pre-play controls and defensive AI enhancements, the defense now has a diverse arsenal of weapons available, making defense as fun to play as offense. The incredible depth of Franchise Mode grows with the new Storyline Central, where you manage the players and stories of the week. You can get the latest scoop on your team by listening to Tony Bruno’s weekly sports radio talk show and scanning stories in both local and national newspapers, while getting the inside word from your coaches, trainers and front office staff. Madden NFL 2005 is scheduled to ship in August on the PlayStation 2 console, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, and Game Boy® Advance and in September on the PC and PlayStation console.

http://www.easports.com/articles/04a/e32004.jsp

I also heard though too, that you have to be smart with the hit stick, because the bigger hit you go for, the bigger chance there is to totally miss the ball-carrier and have him blow by the defender. So it is like making a choice based on the angle, and the speed of both guys involved.

You can get the latest scoop on your team by listening to Tony Bruno’s weekly sports radio talk show

I've just recently stumbled onto Tony Bruno's show here in NC. Tony Bruno and sports shouldn't be in the same sentence. IMO his show is the farthest thing from sports coverage. :puke:

i think there's more to get more realistic in madden. I like how they have player's turn coaches, that's cool. They should also have a hall of fame option for players who should enter the hall of fame in that game after they retire in the game. I think they just need to improve some gameplay things to make it more smoother as well, ncaa seems to be the most in depth and most smooth game.

There was no playmaker after immediately after the snap on defense. (to commit to run or commit to pass) The hit stick is like playmaker for the defense, but instead of leading a blocker on O you will be punishing the ball carrier.

Archived