Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Even with the new server, let's remember 679

bubba9497

Just a friendly reminder about a couple board rules.

I have noticed even though it has been slow news the past couple days, we are still getting multiple postings of the same articles

So to help, just remember 679

6. Please use the [Forum Search] to ensure the topic you wish to post about doesn't already exist. The "Forum Search" is located at the top right of every forum for your convenience. Multiple topics will be closed or merged.

If you are reporting any Redskins "news" or "rumors" that is older than 24 hours, please use the "Search Feature" before you post to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. We have a very large community with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates and news breaks; more than likely, if the news is older than a day old, someone has already posted the information. If you wish to discuss the topic you are encouraged to do so in the original thread.

We don't want to discourage members from sharing information. Therefore, we ask you make an effort to perform a search. We recognize the results to any search may not yield all the appropriate results. Therefore, this rule will serve more as a guideline.

and

7. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Strict accordance with this rule allows visitors to utilize discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the same topic.

If you are posting a published article from a news source... please follow the respective naming convention - "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (ex. WP: Redskins sign Shawn Springs). Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content without the editorials.

and

9. When posting news articles from outside sources include a direct link (ie. url) to the page/site the content originated from. Please paste the url directly atop the post and before the content. Such practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites.

And if you post a NEW news article in Fed-Ex... use "submit news" on the front page so it will be listed in the Breaking News Forum for all to read, and get your news-hound stripes :)

all rules can be found at;

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=18

I thank you for your time.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Just a friendly reminder about a couple board rules.

I have noticed even though it has been slow news the past couple days, we are still getting multiple postings of the same articles

So to help, just remember 679

Bubba didn't you post the same article twice :silly:

Originally posted by jbooma

Bubba didn't you post the same article twice :silly:

it happens.

I did yesterday because the original post didn't follow rule #7, No source posted in headline, and didn't use the original article title. So my search turned up nothing, and I didn't recognize the article by scanning the first couple pages.

I understand mistakes happen, and I am not perfect, but if we all make a conscious effort to follow these simple rules it will make a smoother running board, for everyone

Originally posted by bubba9497

it happens.

I did yesterday because the original post didn't follow rule #7, No source posted in headline, and didn't use the original article title. So my search turned up nothing, and I didn't recognize the article by scanning the first couple pages.

I understand mistakes happen, and I am not perfect, but if we all make a conscious effort to follow these simple rules it will make a smoother running board, for everyone

Is there some rule that we can't posts news threads if you have already posted them in your news section?

I ask this because some of the stories you post I think a lot of people would want to discuss. The problem is we can't discuss anything in that section.

Originally posted by jbooma

Is there some rule that we can't posts news threads if you have already posted them in your news section?

I ask this because some of the stories you post I think a lot of people would want to discuss. The problem is we can't discuss anything in that section.

nope. I usually post the more topical ones in Fed-Ex as well. Breaking News is just a collection of news articles to read. All news no added opinions makes it simpler for those just wanting to read the latest Skins or NFL news, without have to search through a lot of different threads. If you read a Breaking News article not posted in Fed-Ex and want to open a discussion about it, by all means do so.

I also copy news articles from Fed-Ex to Breaking News when the poster doesn't submit them to that forum as well, so people can easily find them to read.

Of course, if you read the Rules and Guidelines, it explicitly mentions:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=24

Compliance is not an option and ignorance no excuse. We've taken the time and effort to compile this list of rules and guidelines for your benefit. Extend your courtesy by familiarizing yourselves with it and abiding by them.

-----------------

Rules aren't meant to be broken. That's why we have the "ban" feature. :)

Archived