Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need a Return of Redskins Sidelines

StevieInferior

What has happened to Redskins TV? I remeber when I was a kid you couldn't get enough Redskins TV. You had Redskins Magazine, The Redskins Report, Countdown to Kickoff, and best of all Glenn Brenner and Redskins sideline. Now all you have George Micheal's Redskins Report where he can control no one, a few token Comcast shows, late night postgame shows, and an occasional Fox countdown show (although nothing as consistent as Countdown to Kickoff from back in the day).

We need a return of Redskins TV to the DC area. Something like the old Redskins Sideline with a light hearted host and which fans can attend. I loved the RFK background in the show. C'mon Channel 9, lets see a Return of Redskins Sideline with Mike Buchannon as the host. The man is passionate about the skins.

:point2sky :point2sky :

One thing preventing numerous Skins shows is the owner. I remember he wouldn't let Rene Knott and Channel 7 into the stadium for a Monday Night Game. They had to broadcast outside the stadium. Anything with the Skins name he wants a piece of it. He is flexible though. Isn't he letting Channel 9 do the preseason games because Channel 4 has the Olympics? I think we will have to live with SportsTalk980 which aint bad. Maybe if we start becoming consistent winners, some of the players and maybe Joe Gibbs will have their own shows

I'm pretty sure there are some shows during the season you're not thinking of...I just can't remember their names right now. But Dave Feldman and Trevor Matich do something on Channel 5, and I think there's something else on Channel 9 during the season...isn't Mark Maske on it? These shows seem to change all the time (except for George Micheal's show), so it's hard to keep track. Comcast is the worst, though. Watching that network, you would think the Ravens were a storied franchise and the Skins were some new expansion team or something. They've got their priorities all screwed up.

I referred to the Feldman/Matich and the Channel 9 show when I said the late night postgame shows. But both shows are on at 11pm and 1130pm and neither is strictly related to the redskins. Maske is on with feldman and that is only from time to time. I want a redskins talk show ala Redskins Sideline, with fans present that talk nothing but Skins.

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

I'm pretty sure there are some shows during the season you're not thinking of...I just can't remember their names right now. But Dave Feldman and Trevor Matich do something on Channel 5, and I think there's something else on Channel 9 during the season...isn't Mark Maske on it? These shows seem to change all the time (excpet for George Micheal's show), so it's hard to keep track. Comcast is the worst, though. Watching that network, you would think the Ravens were a storied franchise and the Skins were some new expansion team or something. They've got their priorities all screwed up.

This would be an example of daily programming:

Noon - 3pm: Redskins Yearbooks @ 30 min a piece/per year.

3pm - 3:30pm: Doc Walkers' ProView

3:30 - 4pm: A player or coach profile from Past or Present- kind of like MTV's diary.

4pm - 5pm: (Offseason) A featured game from the past - which concentrates on one game. (During the Season) it would be a comprehensive look at the season/next weeks oppenent.

5pm - 6pm: A possible new show? Like Redskins Reportish?

6pm - 7pm: A NFL type/like Sportcenter show.

7pm - 9pm: A featured college game from either a current/past Redskin great. EX. LaVar Leap Game.

9pm - 10pm: Reapeat of the featured Game (4pm-5pm).

10pm -10:30pm: Doc's Proview Repeat.

10:30pm- Noon the next day: Repeat above maybe or sprinkle in something else.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

I was actually thinking this the other day. What we should suggest is to create a Redskins Channel! It could be called simply: The Burgundy & Gold Network.

I love that idea! :thumbsup:

That channel would be a huge hit around the DC area and would last forever. Redskin fans are the best and most abundant sports fans in the country. Give us a team channel!

Originally posted by StevieInferior

I referred to the Feldman/Matich and the Channel 9 show when I said the late night postgame shows. But both shows are on at 11pm and 1130pm and neither is strictly related to the redskins. Maske is on with feldman and that is only from time to time. I want a redskins talk show ala Redskins Sideline, with fans present that talk nothing but Skins.

Gotcha...yep, that would be nice. Redskins Sidelines was great...what an institution that show was for a while. We need something to combat the Raven homers on Comcast. It's enough to make you sick.

Trust me...if it can be thunk, it's been thought!! Where would you put this on tv....maybe a public broadcast station, but do you think DishNetwork or Directv will go for a station thats just Redskins? Though I love it, I doubt it.....maybe NFL Easrt channell and so on and so forth. I loved Glen Brenner's show also...we need a show for the fans to attend!!! But, who do we have locally, whose colorful enough to do this.....

BRING BACK WEINER OF THE WEEK :)

Archived