Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get me the smelling salts

Henry

I almost passed out from the shock of reading this from TSN's Randy Cross:

MARTY'S PARTY

I was listening to the radio the other morning and I heard a segment that was titled The Just Shut Up Award for the week and I thought of the situation concerning the many somewhat personal opinions of the job being done by the Redskins embattled coach Marty Schottenheimer. At 0-5 he and his team were the worst ever, remember?

Well then the Redskins beat the Panthers, but most thought that was a fluke or just Carolina after all. But then the next week it was the Giants and the Redskins didn’t just beat them, they beat them up. Oh, now that must have been a case of the Giants being flat against an inferior team, right? Then last week the Seahawks came to town and left soon there after with the majority of their collective tail feathers ripped out and a hearty whipping applied.

Whether or not you like him, whether or not you like the Redskins, the bottom line is that they are winning and Marty is doing an excellent job of utilizing his talent to win games. It must be said that this team is by no means anything close to being a legitimate contender, but after three wins in a row and getting to rest during an off week a big Just Shut Up goes out to all Marty/'Skins skeptics.

Well, its a start. But the big boob still doesn't get it.

"this team is by no means anything close to being a legitimate contender"

Contender for what? Super Bowl win? OK, granted, I put only a handful, maybe Rams, GB, Raiduhs, and Steelers(!) in that category.

But for the playoffs? If the Skins are not a legitimate contender, its because of the 0-5 hole they dug for themselves, not because of how good they are. Randy Cross, talking out of his arse as usual, will eventually be forced to find another team to disrespect.

what do you expect? Cross is an old 49er. 49ers don't like the Redskins. Anymore than you will see Riggins make positive comments about the Cowboys.

That's rivalries in the NFL.

At least in his snippet here, Cross is merely making an observation of FACT based on what has happened the past 3 weeks.

Most pieces I have read tend to ignore what has happened on the field and gone back to depending on the old standby of Snyder bashing now that the Redskins are no longer the candidate for worst team in the league.

Archived