Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pittsburgh Steelers select QB Ben Roethlisberger (discuss topic here)

Die Hard

So far I think this is the best overall pick in the draft from all perspectives - it's the most glaring need on their team, more glaring, in a way, than ANY of the other teams' picks (though a case could be made SD desperately needed a QB...but they didn't get the one they wanted!) and Pitt didn't have to do any jumping thru hoops to get the man they wanted from the beginning....

I still don't think they'll be any good this year, but hey, this is a fantastic pick for them.

- FUF

this guy's upside in terms of physical skills is probably better than either Manning or Rivers. He has two good receivers to throw the football to and a solid offensive line.

And the Steelers are getting him for MILLIONS less than the Giants and Chargers will be paying their quarterbacks.

The Steelers got the best QB in the draft in my mind. Big Ben will be a star in this league. He was a complete steal at #11. He will also come for millions less than Rivers and Manning, something that I'm sure the Steelers are very pleased about.

Archived