Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Court :)

Montilar

Sometimes court is just interesting as heck. :)

Anyone ever seen a defense attorney, in the middle of his closing argument, break down and start sobbing? Going from a "normal" demeanor straight into a sob?

They had to go into a recess to for him to compose himself.

It happened today. I could see the defendants doing it to get sympathy but a defense Attorney?

I won't go into specifics, but they lost first in district court.

Then appealed.

Lost under a judge in circuit court.

Appealed for a jury trial.

Lost in a jury trial today in circuit court.

and are appealing to the next level. :laugh:

It's kind of obvious when the jury comes back in under 15 minutes with a question on imposing the penalty as to what the verdict was going to be. :laugh:

For the record, I've yet to lose a case where I've been a witness.

:D Our cases are usually airtight.

Had a friend tell me about a case he saw while waiting for his case to come up.

The case is for violation of parole. The defendant is accused of hitting his wife. Seems he's managed to get a job while on parole, comes home after works and hands his entire pay to his wife. He admits in court that, on the day in question, he wanted to go out and have a drink, (never mind that, on parole, he isn't allowed to drink), and asked his wife for some drinking money. She refused, and eventually he hit her.

The man has now confessed, in court, to violating parole and assault. But the judge keeps asking questions. My friend wishes the judge would just shut up, throw away the key, and get on to my friend's case.

Eventually, the judge gets around to asking the guy why he was so all-fired determined to go out for a drink. Response: "Well, I couldn't stay home".

"Why in the world not?"

"Her boyfriend was there."

Suddenly, the whole case changes.

(Y'know, there are times I'm really glad I'm not a judge.)

Archived