Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lets trade someone for picks!

wizskinz

Name the top three players you would use as trade bait for draft picks.

You know you will have to offer players with some type of value in order to get anything in return.

1. Rod Gardner - drop balls, gives up on routes, McCants & Thrash are back.

2. Chad Morton - too small, Thrash is back.

3. Ladell Betts - Potis da man and Gibbs will find a undrafted free agent.

Morton is not just a good kick returner but would be an excellent 3rd down back..... Even if Gibbs see's something in betts, I say keep Morton...

But trade gardner and start McCants.

Trade Betts for some picks

Candidate If we are very lucky

I just want some picks this is a very deep draft IMO

I don't like any of those trades...I am closer to agreeing to move Gardner, but we need to see what his ability will be like in a conventional offense wiht a good coach running the team. Rods best season was under Marty. He showed some promise that season. Imagine what he can do under Gibbs. McCants Is my guy, but we would be smarter to keep players we know are capable of making plays over draftin players with the potential to make plays.

Betts will see plenty of playing time as the #2 back. Gibbs likes to have a quality guy to step in especially if Portis misses a game or two (as his history) during the season.

Morton showed his value on Special teams and situational offensive plays.

Gardner could draw some interest to obtain quality picks. However he could be a valuable key to Gibbs passing game if he can overcome his habit of losing focus at times. Be he would be the most likely player to be traded. WR is really the only position we are loaded and can lose a player. But I say stay put, and if we want more picks, work out a trade down scenario.

I say dump Garnder if you can get a 2nd rounder...otherwise hold on to him until next year. He will be a RFA and we can make him a qualifying offer and keep him another year at a pretty cap friendly number or get a 1st rounder as compensation (since he was drafted in the 1st round) for him....It's a stretch I know.

Not going to get a thing for Candidate....just dump him.

The only guy that I don't believe would fit the Joe Gibbs system as we speak is Trung Canidate. Rod Gardner is a very good reciever, and will get better under Joe Gibbs. Betts will be a good #2/ 3rd down back. Gibbs would never get rid of a good special teams player. I believe he got Thrash just to make sure that we had 2.

Tom, I'll help Blondie catch you.

I just don't understand why so many Skins fans want to trade Gardner away? His first three years parallel some of the greatest current receivers (like T.O. and Harrison), just look at the numbers....and with a better coaching staff and another year of maturity he just might turn into a T.O. or Harrison....lets give him another year and then if we are hell bent on trading him pull the trigger....I think it is foolish to think that we will be a better team by trading Gardner and getting a 2nd round pick in return:cuss:

Originally posted by Bugs'

I just don't understand why so many Skins fans want to trade Gardner away? His first three years parallel some of the greatest current receivers (like T.O. and Harrison), just look at the numbers....and with a better coaching staff and another year of maturity he just might turn into a T.O. or Harrison....lets give him another year and then if we are hell bent on trading him pull the trigger....I think it is foolish to think that we will be a better team by trading Gardner and getting a 2nd round pick in return:cuss:

Skins got Smoot and Jansen in the 2nd round...They are far more productive IMO than Garnder. I have lost my patience with Gardner...he had a chance to do well last year...and he kept disappearing during games....He doesn't have game breaking speed and drops a lot of balls....Spurrier even benched because he wasn't playing well....Spurrier! Mr. Non-Confrontational.

If the Skins keep him I think this is his last chance.

:cuss:

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Skins got Smoot and Jansen in the 2nd round...They are far more productive IMO than Garnder. I have lost my patience with Gardner...he had a chance to do well last year...and he kept disappearing during games....He doesn't have game breaking speed and drops a lot of balls....Spurrier even benched because he wasn't playing well....Spurrier! Mr. Non-Confrontational.

If the Skins keep him I think this is his last chance.

:cuss:

I've had about enough of you Ron:D

Good point about Smoot and Jansen, but I am just scared to death that we trade Gardner for a 2nd rounder and Gardner becomes a star and our seconder rounder is a bust....I just don't see the rush in having to trade Gardner...why him? At least he has potential and I don't think there are "character" problems....

Originally posted by Bugs'

I've had about enough of you Ron:D

Good point about Smoot and Jansen, but I am just scared to death that we trade Gardner for a 2nd rounder and Gardner becomes a star and our seconder rounder is a bust....I just don't see the rush in having to trade Gardner...why him? At least he has potential and I don't think there are "character" problems....

Frankly (in the Marty Schottenheimer tone), I don't think the Skins will be offered a 2nd rounder for him...so hopefully, he will stay and have an awesome year....and everyone will be happy.

I just don't want the Skins to dump him for a 3,4, or 5th round pick...it is what I FEAR will happen!

See you the 17th...Pimp!

Keep Betts, he can be a good spell for Portis. Trade Trung. Keep Morton, you need good special teams guys. I am a little leary about shopping Rod. He has a world of potential. It would have to be a second rounder, and in the first half of the round IMO.

We dont even need Rod Gardner to become a star. If he be a reliable 2nd WR that would be fantastic. The numbers he put up with Marty has head coach would be phenominal for a 2nd WR and that is all we should ask of him. I feel like we would be taking a considerable risk if we were to trade Gardner because as much as I like D-Mac he is an unproven commodity and might be overmatched. I would like to see keep Gardner and watch him turn into the best number 2 WR in football :)

Archived