Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCants and Ohalete...

Joe7

After the mini-camp, the coaches got a good look at Taylor, Cloman, Russell, and Swayne so they know what we have. It appeared that the staff was really impressed with Taylor.

It's funny how on this board we get most exercised about our second tier players (like watson vs. betts last year). McCants is a good guy to have on the team for the right price. His best attribute is his size. What was always said though was that he didn't have great speed and wasn't a very polished route runner. Many of his td catches were scramble around the back of the end zone types in multiple sets. He's a nice player, has some up side. He also has a hurt shoulder and had 27 catches last year. I'd like to keep him for a reasonable price, but after the mini-camp and the showings of the other wr's on the roster, I don't think it'll be a disaster if we lose him for a 5th rounder.

Iffy, on the other hand is more unclear to me. We don't have any depth at S (Lott and Franz) and Terrell not coming back. So if we let him go, it would seem to indicate that we were definitely planning on picking Sean Taylor at #5. So I think Iffy is the guy we have to keep just to keep our options open on draft day for a blockbuster trade offer.

You guys are drooling over practice

"PRACTICE"

Not a game but "Practice."

Enough of my A.I. impersonation but D Mac has proved it in the real games and jacobs is just projection.

D Mac has the size to be an efective blocker also.

The fourth receiver is Cliff snap crackle pop Russell and we are using optimisim in thinking that turf toe injury of Coles wont get worse

Originally posted by BleedB&G4life

Madden thinks Jacobs in a step better than D-MAC also.

NFL Madden 2004, if it's in the game it's in the game. :hump:

And apparently Madden has Bacon Chamberlin as the second coming of John Mackey. :(

Dexman, I remember Scott Cloman as having a great preseason last year. And he's in the mix this preseason. . .

Archived