Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danger Alert to Golfers

Dan T.

living in Montana. But with spring coming, prudent reading for golfers everywhere. . .

State Press Release

Helena, Montana

The Montana State Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising golfers to take extra precautions and be on the alert for bears while in the Gallatin, Helena and Lewis and Clark National Forests golf courses.

They advise golfers to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their clothing to alert, but not startle the bears unexpectedly. They are also advising golfers to carry pepper spray in case of an encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch for signs of bear activity.

Golfers should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings on the golf course. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain berries, and possibly squirrel fur. Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper spray.

:silly:

I'll never forget a trip I had to Banff, Canada. It was the most incredible golf course except for the "bear warning" signs on the side of some of the fairways. Luckily the only thing we ran across were a few mooses.

Originally posted by SkinsFan56

I'll never forget a trip I had to Banff, Canada. It was the most incredible golf course except for the "bear warning" signs on the side of some of the fairways. Luckily the only thing we ran across were a few mooses.

Whoa. Golf's supposed to be relaxing, right?

Archived