Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins and Cowboys on Monday Night football

Lavarleap56

Nah. Eboyer needs to be heard in public. See, in public he feels there is weight to his words. Pronouncements are meaningful. I have to give our Cowboy friends some leeway else they'll feel we're trying to run them off.

We're not. We're just trying to focus them on what's important. Facts are important. EB may even start to get that.

Originally posted by Art

Nah. Eboyer needs to be heard in public. See, in public he feels there is weight to his words. Pronouncements are meaningful. I have to give our Cowboy friends some leeway else they'll feel we're trying to run them off.

We're not. We're just trying to focus them on what's important. Facts are important. EB may even start to get that.

We agree. My opinions do need to be heard in public. :)

I also agree that facts are important. Perhaps you can post some fact to support a 5-11 team hosting a Monday night game this year?

Now if we could just get away from your crazy belief that I must back my opinion with $500 then real progress would of been made.

The problem as I see it is matchups. You don't matchup with us very well and now have all new guys learning all new systems under all new coaching.

Quite honestly, I don't see how that has any relevance to a team's marketability and potential for drawing viewers. Any given team, any given Sunday - or, in this case, Monday Night.

Originally posted by Art

Sorry,

I agree with Jeremy. I'm sure if I was carrying on this conversation, I'd be asked by a mod to take it to PM.

:dallasuck :dallasuck

Gibbs W/L on MNF...

I think I calculated right from the database:

Wins 9

Losses 13

***Editorial Insert: You dont need to calculate it... the database will do it for you. Just select Gibbs on the coaches pull-down, and then click on the MNF checkbox, and it will show you only the games played on MNF under Gibbs :)~~~Blade***

Originally posted by eboyer

We agree. My opinions do need to be heard in public. :)

I also agree that facts are important. Perhaps you can post some fact to support a 5-11 team hosting a Monday night game this year?

Now if we could just get away from your crazy belief that I must back my opinion with $500 then real progress would of been made.

I've not made a factual argument. I've stated I'd like to bet you are wrong that a 5-11 team won't host a Monday Night Football game. You've refused. That's what I've asked. I've not said I was right. I said let's bet on whether you are or not.

You've quivered and avoided that. You've pretended you don't bet money. You've pretended it's got something to do with a bet with another guy you can't validate. You've pretended any number of things.

What you haven't done is back your belief that a 5-11 team won't host a Monday Night Football game with a wager extended in such a way as to allow YOUR buddies to hold MY money in the process. We don't have to make progress here other than to get you to recognize an essential truth.

If you believe a 5-11 team won't host a Monday Night Football game, then you'll take a bet on that belief. If you don't believe it, then you won't. Since you won't, we know what that makes of your statement, because you, like the rest of us know a 5-11 Redskin team will be graded on a different scale with Joe Gibbs around.

Originally posted by Art

I've not made a factual argument. I've stated I'd like to bet you are wrong that a 5-11 team won't host a Monday Night Football game. You've refused. That's what I've asked. I've not said I was right. I said let's bet on whether you are or not.

You've quivered and avoided that. You've pretended you don't bet money. You've pretended it's got something to do with a bet with another guy you can't validate. You've pretended any number of things.

What you haven't done is back your belief that a 5-11 team won't host a Monday Night Football game with a wager extended in such a way as to allow YOUR buddies to hold MY money in the process. We don't have to make progress here other than to get you to recognize an essential truth.

If you believe a 5-11 team won't host a Monday Night Football game, then you'll take a bet on that belief. If you don't believe it, then you won't. Since you won't, we know what that makes of your statement, because you, like the rest of us know a 5-11 Redskin team will be graded on a different scale with Joe Gibbs around.

blablabla. You really are a tool Art.

I beleive all sorts of things that I wont bet money on. No pretending involved.

Unfortunately for everybody on this forum, you had to take issue with an opinion and go on endlessly about betting $500 over it. You are trolling your own forum. Rather then allowing people to post opinions, you blather on with this ridiculous topic that nobody is interested in except you.

You're interested in the topic. You see, I'm replying to you. You posted something and I replied. And you've continued to reply. You've highly interested. The second you stop posting, is the second I stop replying. You see how that works?

You believe NOTHING that you wouldn't bet on. You bet on that which you believe. If you don't, you don't believe it and you're just flaming something for the sake of saying it. We've demonstrated that well here.

You could have ended the talk of the bet by simply admitting you don't believe it and sure you see there's a high probability you're wrong. All I asked you to do was hold you accountable for your own statements. You've displayed you don't believe them. I understand that.

It's too bad you don't. That's called easy money.

You believe NOTHING that you wouldn't bet on. You bet on that which you believe. If you don't, you don't believe it and you're just flaming something for the sake of saying it. We've demonstrated that well here.

I don' believe this.

For the sake of the forum though, I will allow you to have last word on this ridiculous topic.

The name of this thread is "Skins and Cowboys on MNF", and eboyer made a very bold declaration of an opinion regarding the Redskins likelihood of hosting a MNF game.

Now, when given the chance to put his money where his mouth is, he chooses to accuse Art of renigging on a bet over a "dime to a donut" yet he cant even provide a link to where Art agreed to such a thing.

And when Art offers to have Dale or TooHostile act as the bearer of the Escrow, he completely ignores the offer and subsequently refuses to find any facts to back up his attack on Art's credibility.

Weak eboyer.

For those new around here, that is the kind of garbage that gets you the Asshead avatar. And it doesnt matter if it is a Staff member or a newbie going against this type of character attacks... they will be addressed immediately and in the same fashion. That is a promise from the Extremeskins staff to the members here.

Now regarding MNF, i personally cant stand it when the SKins play MNF at FedEx... I hate trying to get to the stadium during rush hour, and I hate driving around the beltway at 1am after the game. Add to the fact that the Skins really tend to suck on MNF, and it is usually an unpleasant experience....

Much like dealing with Cowboy fans who dont back up their feeble attempts at character assassination.

Blade,

I agree with you that we're not usually a great Monday Night team. Even under Gibbs. And I probably wouldn't want many Monday Night games after the opener.

I think the Redskins are going to be an average to bad football team from Weeks 2-10 or so. It'll take a long while for things to come together. The best game we may play all year though is the opener at home. And if that opener is at home on Monday Night, all the better.

My thought here is that the players really don't know what to expect from Joe Gibbs. They will go through camp with him. They will experience his game planning once camp closes to the public. They will probably understand the difference between Gibbs and other coaches they may have had. But, they won't get it.

They won't know what he means to the fans of the organization.

The opening home game will be a tremendous outpouring. The excitement will be so fevered and incredible, the players will initially be stunned. Then they will be hyped. And you combine a hyped team with Gibbs' game planning, and all hell could break loose. At least early on when we have a big advantage as teams won't really know what to expect from Gibbs either :).

I know that I'm going to the opener, whenever it is. And I know we usually hang out in the parking lot for hours. We will again. But, this time, fans will actually be in the stadium earlier. They will want as early a glimpse of Gibbs as possible. The atmosphere will swell as more enter the stadium. During the announcement of Gibbs when the "Thank you, Joe," chant comes down and stays there for a LONG, LONG time, two things might happen with our players.

Modern athletes may resent that we think he's responsible for their success. Or, they may have some small hint that, dammit, THIS is the love these people give you when YOU GIVE EVERYTHING to the team they love. Enough guys will want to experience that themselves.

I'm already jazzed over the opener. See you there :).

Originally posted by Blade

The name of this thread is "Skins and Cowboys on MNF", and eboyer made a very bold declaration of an opinion regarding the Redskins likelihood of hosting a MNF game.

oooh! So very bold!

Now, when given the chance to put his money where his mouth is, he chooses to accuse Art of renigging on a bet over a "dime to a donut" yet he cant even provide a link to where Art agreed to such a thing.

I don't need to. I posted a link to explain why I won't wager with him. It is really quite simple. He makes a proposal, I make a counter proposal. Now anybody but a monkey would take the counter proposal and either accept it, or reject it. Perhaps when rejecting it they would in turn give a counter proposal. Not Art though. He makes the same proposal over and over again.

And when Art offers to have Dale or TooHostile act as the bearer of the Escrow, he completely ignores the offer and subsequently refuses to find any facts to back up his attack on Art's credibility.

Wrong again Blade. I didn't ignore it, I rejected it. Big difference I would say.

Psssst, Eboyer.

Blade owns this joint. I suffer fools with great amusement, and tremendous amounts of rope, leading to wonderful threads that expose them for the dopes they are. Blade suffers fools with a scalpel. Step lively son :).

Originally posted by Art

Psssst, Eboyer.

Blade owns this joint. I suffer fools with great amusement, and tremendous amounts of rope, leading to wonderful threads that expose them for the dopes they are. Blade suffers fools with a scalpel. Step lively son :).

Well Art, I wasn't scafed when you rushed in with $500 in hand so I am not scared that the owner has joined the fracas.

I question why neither of you will allow this thread to die a natural death though?

Well Art, I wasn't scafed when you rushed in with $500 in hand so I am not scared that the owner has joined the fracas.

I question why neither of you will allow this thread to die a natural death though?

Two things. I don't know what scafed means. I have a big vocabulary. Huge even. Yet, no clue what you're saying. Help a brother out. Speake de Ingles por favore. :).

Second, we've branched off from you to the topic of the thread. You needed to make it about you again. Now we're replying again to you. I promise, every post you make, there'll be a reply to. You want it dead, you might wish to consider that. And, given the content of this thread, you should want it off the front page as quickly as possible :)

MNF has always liked kicking the season off with a rematch of the Super Bowl teams (not usually possible due to league inter conference scheduling) or the Super Bowl winner with its conference title opponent. Last year's matchup between Tampa Bay and the Eagles resulted in the highest overnight American rating for an NFL Monday night opener since 2000. A 15.1 rating with a 23 % share which was up 4 % over the 2002 opener (New England and Pittsburgh).

Haven't seen the entire MNF ratings for 2003 yet, but the previous

highest ratings were a Dec. 2000 game between St. Louis and Tampa Bay game that had high 15+ ratings and a 25 share and the Denver/ St. Louis game that same year that produced a 15.9 rating and 26 share.

Marquee matchups imply winning teams. But the Cowboys were marketed last year, before and during their resurgance, on the presence of Bill Parcells. Any pregame show or opening trailer proved this. In fact, Fox earned its highest ever opening day overnight rating on the Cowboys-Falcons match up, hardly a marquee matchup.

Parcells' debut was the draw.

I don't expect to see MNF open with Dallas-Washington, but one of the Parcells-Gibbs match ups will probably make prime time, Monday or Sunday. One thing not expected from such a match up is a blow-out, the chief enemy of the ratings starved.

ABC also got a lot of mileage out of the Parcells-Belichick matchup on a November Sunday night game. They are looking for coaching rivalries. ABC/ESPN won't find a better one than Parcells-Gibbs.

I posted a link to explain why I won't wager with him.

You posted a link to explain why you are accusing him of renigging on a bet. You have NOT posted any link to ANYTHING showing Art to have made such a bet.

Nor has TooHostile posted anything verifying that Art made such a bet.

Nor can any bet of a "dime to a donut" be found using the search function of TooHostile's messageboard.

If you are going to call out someone as distrustful here, you DAMN well better be able to back it up with something more than SOMEONE ELSES accusations.

To do anything else is flat out dishonest and nothing more than a pathetic attempt at character assassination. To stoop to something like that is not worthy of my bandwidth.

Eboyer, youre next post here will be a link to the actual post where Art accepted the terms of the bet described by TooHostile, or it will be an apology for bringing up false accusations against Art...

Is your ego strong enough to do this, or will I have to ban what could otherwise be an enjoyable opposing-team fan?

Art,

First beer on me at the season opener... I still owe you one from the Saints game.

:cheers:

Eboyer, youre next post here will be a link to the actual post where Art accepted the terms of the bet described by TooHostile, or it will be an apology for bringing up false accusations against Art...

Is your ego strong enough to do this, or will I have to ban what could otherwise be an enjoyable opposing-team fan?

Blade, I respect your rights as a private business owner so you do what ever you feel is right. I will not be coerced into offering an apology however. I made it quite clear that it is me that questioned Art's credibility regarding a bet The only thing I accused Art of was not addressing that thread and without doing so I would not enter into a wager with him.

"You have no credibility to host a bet with me"

Blade, I respect your rights as a private business owner so you do what ever you feel is right. I will not be coerced into offering an apology however. I made it quite clear that it is me that questioned Art's credibility regarding a bet The only thing I accused Art of was not addressing that thread and without doing so I would not enter into a wager with him.

"You have no credibility to host a bet with me"

You are choosing to challenge someone's credibility without even examining if the grounds for that challenge have any foundation.

That is very poor due dilligence; you should know better than that, especially on Extremeskins.

I have given you every opportunity to produce the evidence that forms the basis of your challenge to Art's credibility. Yet, you refuse AND you refuse to apologize for such a baseless attack on his credibility.

Is it because you know damn well that there is no bet that Art ever agreed to, and your weak-assed ego wont allow you to admit it? Or is it because you are too damn lazy to go find the evidence and simply enjoy posting falsehoods to stir the pot?

Or is it both?

Its pretty clear what the answers are to those questions.

In the immortal words of David Spade:

"Buuuh bye."

Originally posted by lavarleap56

Dont like it but it could be a good sign in my book . If im not mistaken i think the last win we had on Monday night was when R. Pettibone was coach and we opened the year against Dallas and blew them out.

I remember that game. We all breathed a sigh of relief and thaought that not much would change. Boy, were we wrong.

Archived