Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

About Warren Buffett...

Ghost of

Well, not that I'm surprised but here's a site that has the donations various well-known people have made to politicians--

This is Buffett's list:

Almost all Demos

Bill Bradley? Hillary? Come on. NO matter his wealth, his "observations" on tax cuts are---suspect? ;)

Though I love Amazon.com, Jeff Bezos gave Patty "Osama build day cares" Murray money also. Oy. I mean, that's not just donating to a Democrat, that's donating to someone voted the stupidest congressperson in DC like twice AND someone who basically defended Osama and lambasted the US.

Simpsons creator, Matt Groening--three of the most odious potential candidates--Hillary, Barbara Boxer and Al Gore.

Buffett is a little over-rated as a person to me. He is not very religious; he is not very charitable; he is pretty liberal socially; and he was not a great family man per reports. He has obviously been a great investor over the years, but he definitely benefits from the "Buffett" factor too.

Ancal

Are you talking to me or the other guy?

I just wanted to show that Buffett is not merely speaking from some objective "rich man's" position or worse, a Republican against tax cuts and the end of the estate tax.

He has a specific agenda and speaks from THAT position.

Originally posted by Ghost of LeBuster Jenkins

Ancal

Are you talking to me or the other guy?

I just wanted to show that Buffett is not merely speaking from some objective "rich man's" position or worse, a Republican against tax cuts and the end of the estate tax.

He has a specific agenda and speaks from THAT position.

I don't understand. Don't you have an agenda? Should we discount everything you say because of it?

You are quite wrong here. He most certainly is speaking from "some objective "rich man's" position". You simply don't like has message and need to find a way to ignore him. And it seems you've found it.

That reflects on somebody, but it ain't Warren Buffett.

JDM

You perhaps misread. When I say he has an agenda, he has a specific agenda. Meaning I DO NOT VIEW WHAT HE SAYS AS SINCERE. I think he is a liar just stating something to serve his own agenda. Does that make it clearer to you?

It may surprise you, but I actually hew to the truth, or the possibility that I am wrong more than I toe some party line.

I think Buffett and Gates, Sr. simply don't remember what it's like to be the small guy, nor do they embrace policies that look to lower the burden on ALL Americans, especially small business owners and small companies.

He should be ignored because someone who supports HRC(or like Bezos--Patty Murray) is not someone who is approaching business from a free man's perspective, but rather someone who would rather maintain a status quo that benefits them or perhaps an agenda that ameliorates guilt?

He is NOT an objective "rich man" because he seeks tax shelters only the uber-rich could find or utilize and what he says proves that he cannot possibly know what the small business owner, middle-income or upper-income with several dependent households are going through.

Or maybe he does, and his agenda overrides his reasoning.

My understanding of the connotations of "agenda" is beyond merely animating principle informing each argument one makes or stand one takes. Rather agenda is something held in a rather surreptitious and disingenuous sense.

For instance,

Communists who claimed to be "nationalist" in various political coalitions all the while subverting the organization to further their very specific ends.

There's a difference, Jimbo, between declared or obviously discerned principle and conviction and agenda.

But you knew that, right?

This thread belongs in the Warren Buffett tax cut thread so late comers know the origions of the discussion.

Does he have a agenda? If he didn't he wouldn't speak. Is it a political agenda? Is it an economic one? Doesn't matter. The truth is still that he is speaking against his own selfish interests. When someone speaks against their interest to try to illuminate a perceived injustice that if rectified would cause themselves harm... then it bares taking seriously.

Archived