Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 Free Agent Pass Rusher Bargains

method man

this is from espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1749771

James Hall

Started all 16 games in 2003, had 4½ sacks and flashed quickness off the ball. Could be a player who, in the right situation, might be poised to emerge as a double-digit sacker. Young, live body and plays with a big motor.

Adalius Thomas

One of those standout utility defenders every team should have around. Played mostly in the 3-4, so a bit hard to project, but certainly a "nickel" rush guy at worst, and is one of the NFL's standout special teams performers.

I think that we can get either of these guys for a relatively cheap price. We do not need a double digit guy at DE because our LBs are capable of getting at least 5 sacks each. we need a solid pass rusher who can get 7 sacks or so.

You're gonna have to update the old signature line, huh?

:laugh:

Yea. Thats an old sig pic. I've got a new Clinton Portis one that I use over at CPND, but I've just been too lazy to change it here.

the trouble is the somewhat inflated rep of some of these guys that come off that Ravens defense with Ray Ray and the pro bowlers that have been there.

remember Lional Dalton? he was the flavor of the month in Denver to the tune of several millions and then was cut.

I am not saying Thomas per se is a bum, but it is wise to be cautious when projecting complementary players from good units to being major contributors elsewhere.

Archived