Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade Gardner for a draft pick(s) or a DLineman???

diego1115

I have a feeling you might have trouble getting a 2nd round pick for Gardner. Maybe I'm wrong. I would guess it would be a third...and I wonder if it is worht making that trade if that is the case.

Originally posted by chiefhogskin48

I'd get rid of Rod Gardner for a bag of nickels, so sure, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

xoxo

-The Gardnerhater

So when Gardner breaks out with another team, due to a good coaching staff, and the right system, will you beat yourself with that sack of nickels?;)

Gardner is good at #2 ,not hard on the salary cap, we cant trade Gardner but if we did I would except only a 1st rd pick. The only reason he had a bad year is because the OL sucked in Spurriers system so I mean look when he was #1 WR he got 1,000 yard season with no other receviers. Levernious and Rod are an awsome 1- 2 punch.

I think DMac will be the #2 this year anyway. Just look at the growth spurt he hit last season from two years ago...

And just to come out and say that he wants to be a Skin, and work under Gibbs...that's the kind of reciever that will work for his team.

Plus, he just showed more ability than Gardner last year.

We also have a great deal of depth, perhaps unnecessary depth at WR. W/ Coles, DMac, Jacobs, Johnson, and Cloman in the wings...where does Gardner fit in?

Answer: on another team. Peaceout b*tch.

I think DMac will be the #2 this year anyway. Just look at the growth spurt he hit last season from two years ago...

And just to come out and say that he wants to be a Skin, and work under Gibbs...that's the kind of reciever that will work for his team.

Plus, he just showed more ability than Gardner last year.

We also have a great deal of depth, perhaps unnecessary depth at WR. W/ Coles, DMac, Jacobs, Johnson, and Cloman in the wings...where does Gardner fit in?

i totally agree...me and my roomy have been arguing this fact all season....at least wit McCants you can SEE the improvement in the games...Garnder didnt improve at all during last season and people make the excuses "oh he didnt have a coach" or "oh he had coles in front of him".....EXCUSES!!!

McCants was the 3rd reciever and made much more crucial catches than Gardner...

and im not sayin that he wont be any good anywhere but this is his last season in Washington if no VAST improvement is shown

Originally posted by bobby1

Gardner is good at #2 ,not hard on the salary cap, we cant trade Gardner but if we did I would except only a 1st rd pick. The only reason he had a bad year is because the OL sucked in Spurriers system so I mean look when he was #1 WR he got 1,000 yard season with no other receviers. Levernious and Rod are an awsome 1- 2 punch.

I completely agree with you, it is about time someone stands up for Rod.

Originally posted by Trevor

I wouldn't trade him for a 2nd rounder or a d-lineman. Basically we would be just creating another hole if we trade Gardner as neither McCants or Jacobs is ready to be the #2.

already said it for me.:)

it would creat more problems then it would fix. We wouldn't get a high enough draft pick to get a ligit replacement, and we wouldn't get a better DE then we would in Wistrom for free unless we include another pick or player. Ya see? It'd just creat more holes then we need to fix.

--------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Why is everybody so down on Gardner? Sure he's dropped some catchable balls, rounds off his routes, hasn't learned to "sit down" in between defenders playing zone, vanishes in the red zone, and does that annoying first down thing on the rare occasions when he makes a good play, but...oh nevermind.

Gardner is the Posession type receiver that Washington needs to keep the offense balanced. Espn rated him as one of the top #2 recievers in the league, he isn't costing us anything. Besides, I don't think he is a steve spurrier type receiver, so he didn't accel in his offense. I say let him go through Joe's offense this year, and if he doesn't improve this year then trade him. Besides, like it was said earlier, there are so many receivers in the draft that it doesn't make any sense.

Archived