Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vince Wilfolk and Warren Sapp

3DaysLatr

Now that's a DT tandem right there. Please, please Mr Snyder make this happen. We could trade down to land Wilfolk. Draft a guy like Dave Ball with a third rounder acquired by trading down and sport a line with 2 young studs (Wilfolk and Ball) teamed with two seasoned vets like Sapp and Upshaw.

Originally posted by 3DaysLatr

Now that's a DT tandem right there. Please, please Mr Snyder make this happen. We could trade down to land Wilfolk. Draft a guy like Dave Ball with a third rounder acquired by trading down and sport a line with 2 young studs (Wilfolk and Ball) teamed with two seasoned vets like Sapp and Upshaw.

I would love to see Wilfork, Sapp, and Kearse on the same line :cool: as long as Sapp is cheap.

Wow, I'm really surprised at the lack of opinions on the subject of the D-Line. I probably miss-titled this thread and should have called it D-Line. Does anyone else feel that the team can absolutely skyrocket if the Line was able to dictate games to the opposing offense? For years our secondary was considered a strength but wasn't able to change the outcomes games. I know that if you look at the yards allowed passing per game we appear to have been very stoudt but you must look at the Rushing yards allowed over the years and the Points allowed to get an honest feel for the Passing numbers. When did the team last have a legitimately imposing front 4? I really hope that management takes the appropriate steps and gets this line jacked (Wistrom, Wilfolk, Sapp, Ball) I'm real excited about something like this.

I don't think Sapp would fit in well here....unless we landed more talented guys like Kearse or Wistrom...plus I don't like how he runs his mouth and tries to get as much T.V. time as he can....Wistrom I like...a blue color guy who busts his $ss every play.

Sapp, no, boooo!!! I dont care if hes good or not, I dislike that person, never shuts up and likes to challenge coaches to fights. Plus, Lavar better still be out to get him, same team or no. Vince Wilfork would be good. Honestly, we really only need to sign 2 big free agent d-linemen. Get Winstrom and someone else, we could draft another if not Taylor, and im sure some of the people we have can fill in nicely. Double teaming a big namer opens up a lot of possibilities.

I'm in the "No Sapp" camp. I thought he was the second best DT on his own team the last couple years.

Wilfork got the behemoth body, and showed decent legs in his workout, but Harris or Udeze look as though they may have bigger upsides. Let's reserve judgement until we see what kind of numbers those two put up in their workouts.

Trading down (if the Skins give up the 2nd rounder for Portis) seems the only prudent move, as much as I'd like Taylor at FS for the next decade. A move down to say 10 and adding a second round pick should net either Harris or Udeze, and possibly a Dockett, Lavalais, or Tubbs.

There's the start of good young D-line. Let's see, maybe add a Kearse or Wistrom and...

ass.....

I dont know....I'd rather go with youth and Kearse.....I read Sapp was gonna come cheap.....but I also heard he wants to stay with his boys in Tampon Bay.....I also heard Rice needs his contract restructured....what if HE bounces and we snag Simeon Rice??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1746267

Wilfork has been skyrocketing up draft boards after his combine and Pro Day performances.

The guy was projected as a top 5 pick going into last college season. But concerns about his weight and dedication made him drop in the eyes of evaluators.

However, coming into the combine weighing about 323lbs after playing the season at around 350lbs has alleviated both those questions. Sorry fellas, but I don't see Wilfork making it out of the top 10, anymore. Guys with his size, strength, and athletic ability don't come around very often, and he's shown he's taking this process seriously. A couple of mock drafts have the Skins taking Wilfork at the #5 slot. It's not being seen as a reach pick, anymore, either. So forget about trading down and getting Wilfork. He could be the 5th pick.

Archived