Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Elvis Grbac is absolutely horrible......

Tom [Giants fan]

Billick may have won a Super Bowl but I don't put him up there with the great coaches by any stretch.

He rode Marvin Lewis and the defense to that Super Bowl last season. And we know that Ozzie Newsome runs the draft for the team.

Billick's main contributions were supposed to be on the offensive side of the ball.

He decided Tony Banks was the quarterback of the future in 1999 and then benched and cut him after 2000.

He gave afterthought Trent Dilfer the ball in midseason and ended up in the Super Bowl and then didn't even offer him a contract to return to compete for a job.

Then he spent millions to get Grbac and Elvis has shown that he has problems when faced with performing in crunch time under the bright lights.

He has looked awful in most of the games I have seen him in this season.

Billick could be a one year wonder as a coach, a guy that rides the circumstances to glory and then fades out, who knows?

With the defense healthy again next season, the Ravens may win again in spite of Billick smile.gif

Tom, if you are really surprised by that fourth down call, evidently you haven't watched much of Marty's vaunted New Model Offense here in DC laugh.gif

gaining 5 yards on third and 10 or 2 yards on third and 5 is a Marty special.

heck, with only 1 yard to get last week he had Tony Banks THROW the ball twice on third and fourth down when he had Davis and Carter to run the ball.

on a play where the line blocks decently, Davis usually can fall forward to gain a yard smile.gif

The jury is still out of course, but so far, Billick does indeed seem to fit in better with the likes of Ditka and Switzer than he does with Gibbs or Walsh. I have much more respect for coaches like Marv Levy or Bud Grant, guys who took multiple teams to the Super Bowl but never won it, than I do for Bombastic Brian, the Offensive Genius.

A fade into obscurity would serve the arrogant prick right, after he lectured anyone who dared to question Ray Lewis' character or the slap on the wrist he got from Tagliabue. rolleyes.gif

[edited.gif by Fitzman on December 30, 2001.]

Archived