Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Change the Pro-bowl Avatar?

freakofthesouth

With Champ inevitably on his way out...

Maybe it's time to change up the Pro Bowl avatar to somone who actually wants to be a Redskin.

I was initially thinking Lavar as the top candidate to take over, but he doesn't seem too excited to be here either. He's a little better than Champ though.

Maybe...

If the Champ/Portis deal happens, we should just use Portis as the new, pre-emptive Pro Bowl avatar.

Thoughts?

I would love for Laveranues Coles to be our new Pro Bowl avatar, despite the fact that he made it this past season as an alternate. He's a guy that quietly goes about doing what he's asked to do, makes no complaints, and on top of that is successful on the football field. A great team player.

With that being said, Lavar has established himself in D.C. for a few years now, and he's logically the option that makes most sense.

Freak.......just wondering though, what makes you think that L.A. doesn't want to be here?

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

Freak.......just wondering though, what makes you think that L.A. doesn't want to be here?

Hey Hog,

Well, just his overall demeanor has been a little discouraging to fans. I mean, we all understand, almost as much as the players, how difficult it has been to go through these past few seasons, w/ all the coaching and personnel cahnges, etc. LaVar is obviously affected by all of this, and he is taking the 'wait and see' approach.

And now, w/ all this contract garbage...

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. He's my favorite Skin...

But this defense needs a leader, and Lavar is the top candidate to fill that role. And he is doing a pi$$poor job of it. Leader's don't complain and act all mopey and the like; they remain positive and determined to play.

The whole Gibbs situation has really no effect on him; it's as if another mediocre, unproven coach has taken over.

Plus, one thing that really, really urked me....in an interview in last month, he called "The Fun Bunch", "The Fun Group." WTF!!!

Like I said, we all know it's a pain to have all of these changes. But a true leader, or Pro-bowler, in this case, will step up and lead his defense, even in the offseason.

Don't be to hasty to put Pat on the bench. Brunell almost lost his starting job in training camp last year to Leftwich, who was a raw rookie without a single regular season snap. I will not be surprised at all if Ramsey beats him out and Brunell is the bench warmer. I don't believe Gibbs will go with Brunell based on money either. The best man will play.

Originally posted by JeffSchmeff

All of the avatars are going to need an overhaul. Maybe we could change the "benchwarmer" avatar to the picture of Patrick Ramsey?

:angel:

:mad: Watch it buddy! ;)

I agree, most of the avatars are going to need an overhaul, but that probably won't happen until the end of the preseason, when we will know for sure who's staying and who's going.

Archived