Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Champ Bailey Our Best Player?

JoeSkins

Arrington and Coles are by far better than Bailey and there are reasons for it. As far as talent goes at their respective positions, pretty much DEAD EVEN! But number one you have to look at leadership, heart, and the biggest thing of all, work ethics. Coles is always working on ways to get better, and in his case, I don't think there is really much more he can do, he is DAMN GOOD! That might even be an understatement. you also have to look at playmaking ability. Champ's hands are stone, hence the reason he drops so many damn picks. Yes he is a shutdown corner, and yes he usually takes the team's top receiver out of a game, but Coles and Arrington respectively play their hearts out and good all around games week in and week out as well. Arrington and Coles also make the plays when it counts the most. In 2002 against the Rams, Arrington makes the sack and causes the fumble that saves the game. Sure they didn't make the playoffs at the end of the season, and probably had no chance at the point, but that is Arrington playing to win at all times no matter what and never giving up, because he is a football player. Champ is just a whiner. Talenwise he is great, character wise he is not, Champ doesn't want to be there and I doubt Gibbs wants him there because if he did, Snyder would not have given the go ahead for Champ to seek a trade. So I would take Coles, Arrington, or even Ramsey's toughness and grit over Champ in a Redskins uniform anyday.

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

Yes he is because he hasn't missed a game in 5 years. This year wasn't his best but when you're a DB with a bad shoulder and wrist that will happen. He couldn't come in and bump the receiver off his route. He has character and no off the field problems. He was mentored by D. Green and has lived up to his potential. He is an asset to our team and someone that should be a Redskin for life.

While I wont argue he's an asset to our team, being mentored by Darrell didn't rub offf in the class or loyalty dept. I'm a bit iffy on the potential thing, but know for sure he doesn't belong on the Redskins roster. He doesn't want to be a Redskin, he just wants to be the prize of the highest bidder. That's enough for me to say .........................

SEE YA CHAMP

Sorry, guys, but Champ's the best guy on the team. (At least if the standard you're using is "most valuable". Jansen may be one heck of a RT, but the only position on a team that's close to being as important as your #1 CB is your QB.)

Now, is Champ worth as much as his agent thinks he is? I don't know. And I don't know if he's important enough for the team to try to make him stay when he doesn't want to.

So, how come Rock isn't on the list?

--------

And oh, BTW:

For all you folks in the "get rid of the selfish so-and-so" crowd, at least Champ waited 'till his contract was over before he wanted big bucks.

Bear in mind, the kid we're supposedly getting for Champ and a #2 still has two years to go on his contract, but Denver's cutting him loose because he's threattening to reneg on the contract.

I loved Champ...although late in the Season he seemed to be SAVING himself...protecting himself from Injury! Come to find out I have NEVER heard him say " I WANT TO BE A REDSKIN " ! Anyone else hear Champ say that ? Too bad he's in it for the $$$ and not the Ring....I think Smoot better step up to the Line and hope we get a Pass rush or we're going to be having a Lot of 38-35 point ball games....for those of you who may Not Remember Jurgy didn't have a Defense Either !

Archived