Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin games on video

redskinnut

I am looking for Redskin games on vhs from the 1970's. I have almost every Redskin game from 1982-2003 and would love to trade copies with another fellow Redskin fan !!!!! I also have a beta machine if someone has old Redskin games on beta and needs thems transfered to vhs. Please someone email me if you have any older Redskin games. I also am interested in games from the 1980 and 1981 season.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by helluvaskinsfan

where can i get the 72 nfc championship 26-3 over the cowboys

Maybe I can answer this one. I'm another collector. My understanding of the '72 Champ game is that NFL films shot about 12 min. of footage of that game, and that is all that exists. Now miracles do happen. (like the '71 vs. Rams that emerged the last year or so). But we'll just have to keep an eye out for an event like that but don't hold your breath. Video tape is currency in the TV biz. So, that stuff gets recycled all the time (meaning; they erase the tapes and use them again). That '71 Rams was probably found in the bottom of a box, in a closet, of a former employee of Ch. 7, who had died, and their spouse was cleaning out the estate.......so, you never know

• 1 year later...

Do anybody has the Redskins Vs Packers ´83 monday night game that ended 48-47?

Has the ´72 championship game surface? Also looking for 70´s monday nights games vs Cards in 75 or 76? That´s the first game I ever saw and a 9-5 monday night game in 78.

Jorge

Also looking for 70´s monday nights games vs Cards in 75 or 76? That´s the first game I ever saw and a 9-5 monday night game in 78.

The Cards' game was in '76. I was there, sitting at the Cards' field entrance in the torrential rain. The Cards had 8 fumbles, 7 by Terry Metcalf, an NFL record. Of course there was the Eddie Brown punt return for a touchdown, but that is also the game where George Allen sent Joe Theismann in for Billy Kilmer and Kilmer gave him the hit-the-road thumb back to the bench. :logo:

I don't know what the heck happened to my post from last night but let me try this again.

The 72 NFC Championship game exists from what I have been told. The problem is the person or persons with it wants a kings ransom for it if you get my drift. To me this is a hobby not a business so I am not dropping down any type of cash for a game unless it is to reimburse someone for blank media and postage.

The oldest Redskin game that exists is the 69 pre-season game against Detroit. It is black and white and in pretty good shape to be so old.

I have some cbs sports clips of dallas at washington from 69' and washington at new york from 70' both are from a set of spliced clips used for the evening news.

The 71 game against LA to answer someones question is from the Nixon Library. A friend of mine is a history teacher and a news collector and showed me it was on his site.

Another collector here. Does anyone know who is sitting on that NFC Championship? I may have goods that could be traded. Don't know if I want to come off of some of my memorabilia though. I'd love to have more games of when we wore the yellow pants in the 1970s. I only have 1976 vs Minn. and 1971 vs LA. Dallas fans are very fortunate. They have alot of games from the 1970s in existence and easily obtainable.

I wish I knew who had the 72 game, all I have is the GOTW highlights of it. I really want the 9-5 mnf game from 78, but again same story as the 72 game it is out there but someone won't release it.

It was a pain in the butt enough to find the 1979 cardinals at redskins game. These people hoarding games aggraviate the crap out of me. All I want to do is watch games again that I barely remember as a kid watching them live.

I agree. What I'm waiting for is the right person aquires the game and tries to earn his money back by releasing the 72 game in masses for a large some for awhile until increasing circulation drives the price down. I guess it's like the 1976 Minnesota game. It suddenly surfaced a couple years ago and it was going on ebay about $50 an auction until alot of copies started circulating.

based on past experiences with rare releases aka miracle in the meadowlands missing parts of the 2nd and 3rd qtr (yeah right) I am willing to guarantee that the vikings/redskins 76 playoff game does exist in full and the person responsible for its release cut the last part of the game off on purpose. For what it is worth 2 versions of the 76 game exist too, I had no idea until someone else told me that part of the NFL today is on one version.

I found out today that 6 min of the jets at washington from 1978 is being released. Why it was announced is beyond me. A half or one quarter sure but 6 minutes of game who cares even if it is from 78.

I know it is a long shot but I would love a copy of the 78 mnf game against the Cowboys if it is available.

Hey what's going on. I'm a fellow collector myself of old games I've never seen(70s especially) before. Only one's I have are the '82 NFC Championship game versus Dallas, '88 Divisional Playoff game versus the Bears and NFC Championship game versus the Minnesota. Another playoff game that I have too is the '86 Wildcard game versus the Rams. If anyone has all the SB's and the '91 NFC championship Game versus the Lions, I'd appreciate that. If you want me to burn a copy of the games I have, shoot a PM. :cheers:

I have some VHS tapes I'm getting rid of. I'm not seeling the actual game itself. Just wanting to defray the cost of the tapes. $6 for the first, $5 for the second and $4 for each additional. This covers the cost of the tape and shipping. I had originally made these for a friend of mine but he went through a divorce and backed out so these things have never been viewed. I'll have to check through them to check quality. I think some of the 1982 and 1983 games aren't great but they're about the best available. I'll let the whole lot go to one person for $50.

The games are:

1977 Cowboys 34, Redskins 16

1982 Redskins 27, Giants 17

1982 Redskins 15, Giants 14

1/8/83 Redskins 31, Lions 7 (playoffs)

1/15/83 Redskins 21, Vikings 7

9/5/83 Cowboys 31, Redskins 30

11/13/83 Redskins 33, Giants 17

10/17/83 Packers 48, Redskins 47

12/11/83 Redskins 31, Cowboys 10

12/17/83 Redskins 31, Giants 22

10/19/87 Redskins 13, Cowboys 7 (strike replacements game)

9/22/91 Redskins 34, Bengals 27

10/27/91 Redskins 17, Giants 13

12/15/91 Redskins 34, Giants 17

I have some VHS tapes I'm getting rid of. I'm not seeling the actual game itself. Just wanting to defray the cost of the tapes. $6 for the first, $5 for the second and $4 for each additional. This covers the cost of the tape and shipping. I had originally made these for a friend of mine but he went through a divorce and backed out so these things have never been viewed. I'll have to check through them to check quality. I think some of the 1982 and 1983 games aren't great but they're about the best available. I'll let the whole lot go to one person for $50.

The games are:

1977 Cowboys 34, Redskins 16

1982 Redskins 27, Giants 17

1982 Redskins 15, Giants 14

1/8/83 Redskins 31, Lions 7 (playoffs)

1/15/83 Redskins 21, Vikings 7

9/5/83 Cowboys 31, Redskins 30

11/13/83 Redskins 33, Giants 17

10/17/83 Packers 48, Redskins 47

12/11/83 Redskins 31, Cowboys 10

12/17/83 Redskins 31, Giants 22

10/19/87 Redskins 13, Cowboys 7 (strike replacements game)

9/22/91 Redskins 34, Bengals 27

10/27/91 Redskins 17, Giants 13

12/15/91 Redskins 34, Giants 17

anyone? I'll take $30 for the whole lot. I just want to get rid of these things.

• 2 years later...

I just started collecting old games and converting my old games from VHS to DVD. I would love to trade for any old games, and I am also missing the 2008 opener against the Giants. Here is the list of games I have if anyone is interested send me a message.

Redskins Games on DVD

1973 Miami vs Washington Super Bowl 7

NY Giants at Washington Mosley game winning kick

Lions at Washington Playoffs

Vikings at Washington Playoffs

Dallas at Washington NFC Championship

Miami vs Washington Super Bowl 17

Raiders at Washington Joe Washington last second game winning catch

Washington at Dallas Week 15 to clinch the Division

Rams at Washington Playoffs

San Francisco at Washington NFC Championship

Raiders vs Washington Super Bowl 18

NY Giants at Washington

San Francisco at Washington

Rams at Washington Playoffs

Washington at Chicago Playoffs

Washington at Dallas Replacement players

Washington at Chicago Playoffs Walter Payton’s last game

Vikings at Washington NFC Championship

Denver vs Washington Super Bowl 22

Washington at Seattle Steve Largent’s last game

Washington at Philadelphia Playoffs

Washington at Dallas

Atlanta at Washington Playoffs Seat cushions thrown on the field at the end of the game

Lions at Washington NFC Championship

Bills vs Washington Super Bowl 26

Denver at Washington Monk Record for most catches

Washington at Vikings Playoffs

Washington at Tampa Bay Playoffs

Washington at Philadelphia

Tampa Bay at Washington Gibbs first game back

NY Giants at Washington

2005,2006,2007 Complete Seasons All of 2008 except Week 1 vs Giants

Extras and Specials

75 anniversary great moments in Redskins History

1982 season review

1983 Redskins magazine and Redskins music video

1980’s Highlights NFL Films

1981-1982 NFL Films Tale of 2 seasons

Greatest moments in Redskins History NFL films

Billy Kilmer, Charlie Taylor, Charles Mann Highlights

Random old clips from 1970’s and 1980’s and 1992

1994 season review

I have Darrell Green's last game on VHS if you're interested. I would love a copy of Superbowl XXII/Doug Williams. I had the tape but lent it to an ******* about 10 years back, who claims he lost it- it was my mothers tape. She may still have a bunch of old games, I'll check.

Archived