Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AJ Feely dealto to Dolphins (IMO proof Patrick is going nowhere)

StevieInferior

This proves that the Skins are not dangling Ramsey around the league. Otherwise, Miami would have waited the situation out. Atleast in one front office's mind, the Skins are staying put on their decision to have two Qbs.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-feeley022104,0,5212107.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Dolphins' search for a new quarterback has ended early in the offseason, as the team is on the verge of finalizing a trade for Philadelphia quarterback A.J. Feeley.

Two NFL sources confirmed Saturday that the Dolphins are set to send an undisclosed draft pick in 2005 for Feeley, a third-year player who showed promise in 2002 while posting a 4-1 record as a starter in place of the injured Donovan McNabb.

Dolphins General Manager Rick Spielman did not return a telephone message seeking comment.

Under NFL rules, the trade cannot become official until March 2. But the Dolphins are in the process of negotiating a new contract with Feeley, meeting Saturday morning with agent David Dunn at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

A 2001 fifth-round draft choice from Oregon, Feeley served as Philadelphia's third-string quarterback last season behind McNabb and Koy Detmer. But Feeley showed enough promise during the 2002 season that the Dolphins decided to pursue finalizing a trade rather than waiting for other potential options like Washington's Patrick Ramsey or Drew Henson of the Houston Texans.

The acquisition of Feeley could spell the end of starter Jay Fiedler's four-year tenure with the Dolphins. Fiedler's agent Brian Levy declined to comment on the situation.

This reminds me alot of the Jay Fiedler situation when Miami picked him up years back. Both him and Feeley had little starting experience when Miami acquired them. I can't see the people in Dolphin land being happy about this one, especially after having struck out in the Brunell sweepstakes, and failing to land Patrick. South Florida had their sites set on Brunell, and now they have to settle on Feeley. The average Dolphins fan will surely be shaking their head.

With that being said, Feeley is a pretty good prospect who could develop into a servicable starter. He seems to be confident and poised, but the fact of the matter is that despite his 4-1 record, he put up only 6 TDs and 5 INTS. That's has to be a bit alarming.

Good. Of all the potential QB options out there for Miami, this one is the most likely to contribute to a QB controversy. Fiedler and Feeley are both just shy of NFL starting material, and Wanndstedt is just shy of coaching material.

It'll be another 7-3 start and a 2-4 finish. Good ol' Dolphins.

Originally posted by Mick

This is not good news.

First off, if AJ Feeley is starting for a team, it means that that we'll have to listen to Chris Berman say "Feel Me, Touch Me, See Me" about 10 times as often.

Second, Miami isnt the only tam that could use a a QB.

i always remembered him saying AJ "touchy" Feely

Originally posted by Mick

Maybe he did both. But the Feel Me, Touch Me, was a line from a song by The Who, but you're probably not old enough to remember

haha you are correct. im 21. i never heard much of "the who." but i know who they are. no pun intended. im pretty sure one of my favorite bands nine inch nails were somewhat influenced by them.

at least all the d*mn BS about ramsey going to miami will stop....my supervisor is a miami fan and always has something stupid to say.....

Ex: yesterday, " The redskins can't keep brunell and ramsey remember there's a salary cap.":doh:

sure P.R.'s 1 mill. hit will kill us.....but keeping champ is a good cap friendly idea:doh: what a J/A

I don't see how Feely is an upgrade over Fiedler. Feely can perhaps compete with Fiedler for the starting position but to say that he is the qb that will enable them to actually accomplish something past the month of December during a given football season, its beyond a stretch of the imagination.

Feely is a good move for the Skins, it depletes the Eagles QB position. They are one big hit on McNab away from having Detmer throw to their awful WR's for the rest of the season. Good job Andy Reid. As for those that thikn Mcnab is an awful QB (did you learn nothing from your good friend Rush Limbaugh). Mcnabb Gets the job done for Philly. That's what a QB needs to do, get the job done and get the win. We've seen him go off for big games enough times on us to not make stupid statements like Rush. I don't think he's the most conventional of QB's, but he's a winner.

Archived