Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cap update

Chrisbob74

With Champ now tagged we are now - currently - $1.682m under the cap. The best thing here is we have managed to tag Champ without so far having to cut any players.

I mentioned in the other salary cap thread I did that by cutting seven players could buy us about $11-12M of cap room. Expect Smith and a few others' situations to be resolved soon but other players may not be cut until we actually need the room. By doing this it will give Gibbs a chance to assess certain "borderline" players in his first mini-camp.

Time to play the Free Agency game....Mr Snyder and Coach Gibbs, place your bets please.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

Am I pinching someones job here? LOL, sorry if I am!! (blush)

No the more the merrier it is just that Buddha is our capoligist :) If you look at the front page there is a link to all the players salaries and the life of their contracts.

However we all appreciate you effort as well :cheers:

Thanks, I was using that chart the other day when writing the other cap thread I did, but the capchart didn't have Lavars new cap figures on so I used the cap chart over at CPND as well (which did have his new figures).

I don't proclaim to be a cap expert, in fact, in a way, I hate the cap for the way it stops teams having continunity but it is there and has to be dealt with so I try to take an interest as at the end of the day, it affects how you make moves in the off season.

Just like there's room for Ramsey and Brunell on the Skins,

there's room for BOTH Chrisbob AND Buddha on the Extreme caplogist team.

Competition is a good thing-- after all that which does not kill only makes us stronger.

But be warned, while we all know that only ONE man will be our starting quarterback, so to is it true that only ONE man may wear the coveted crown of CAPOLOGIST EXTREME.

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls welcome to the thunderdome-- two men enter one man leave. The combatants-- Buddha the bottom dealing grizzled vet full of dirty tricks and malice and Chrisbob the flaxen haired country bumpkin rookie with a winning smile and a heart of gold.

Tis a battle to the finish. A fight for survival. One that will be won, not with the sword, but with pen and calculator.

May he who is victorious wear proudly the crown of CAPOLOGIST EXTREME until the next challenger comes along.

"We who are about to die salute you!" Pablo Escobar

Originally posted by Cskin

I believe Dalton, Chamberlain, Trung and others will be cut March 3rd. In fact, there could be others like Wynn, Barker, Moore, Fiore, Zellner, and others as well.

Bruce Smith I believe will be cut Post June 1st. We realize and extra million if we cut him Post June 1st ($5.3 mil savings) as opposed to $4.3mil if he's cut before then. Additionally, it minimizes the cap hit in 05.

Err... how could waiting until after June 1st possibly minimize NEXT year's cap hit?

Zen...

I thought this was Bruce's 2nd to last year.... instead of his last contractural year. You are right, no benefit to cutting him after June 1st.... which means I'd like him cut now, his locker cleaned out, and a DC Metro bus ticket waiting at the front desk.

Originally posted by Posse81

Chrisbob-

Question. When will we see these guys cut? Before March 3? I'm assuming that we're talking about Bruce, Trung, Dalton, and Chamberlain?

No, we don't have to cut them before March 3rd as we are already under the cap, we may cut Bruce and possibly Trung and Bryon anyway arounds that time so we can make a quick strike in free agency but it is not necessary to do so before March the 3rd as we are cap compliant now.

If the 'Skins know who they are targetting the first days of free agency they will be cut to allow for new players contracts.

Originally posted by BCS: BearsCanSleep

Just like there's room for Ramsey and Brunell on the Skins,

there's room for BOTH Chrisbob AND Buddha on the Extreme caplogist team.

Competition is a good thing-- after all that which does not kill only makes us stronger.

But be warned, while we all know that only ONE man will be our starting quarterback, so to is it true that only ONE man may wear the coveted crown of CAPOLOGIST EXTREME.

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls welcome to the thunderdome-- two men enter one man leave. The combatants-- Buddha the bottom dealing grizzled vet full of dirty tricks and malice and Chrisbob the flaxen haired country bumpkin rookie with a winning smile and a heart of gold.

Tis a battle to the finish. A fight for survival. One that will be won, not with the sword, but with pen and calculator.

May he who is victorious wear proudly the crown of CAPOLOGIST EXTREME until the next challenger comes along.

"We who are about to die salute you!" Pablo Escobar

:rotflmao: Good stuff, it's nice to be noticed but I had/or have no intention of stepping on anyones toes, I hope I can just add another view of salary cap issues.

In a way I hate the cap for the way it has brought parity to the league but it is there and has to be dealt with so I take an interest. I may not be right on everything and I am sure Buddha or others will point this out.

That's what forums like this are for and it's all good:thumbsup:

Archived