Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freddie

Mark28

It seems Freddie Smoot will be a free agent after next year. Why do I have the feeling that, like always, we'll wait until the last moments to try to sign him? The Eagles have had a philosophy that I wish we would take on in terms of signing important players. Why not approach Fred with a contract extension THIS offseason? Thanks for your opinions. :2cents:

After all is said and done with the draft and the FA signings, if we could still do it cap wise, by all means sign his arse now.

I would agree with you if we didn't have the drastic changes in structure of the staff. Lets see what kind of change we see in how we deal with players with Gibbs having a strong hand in it.

I'm thinking the change will be for the better:cool:

:cheers:

If they want smoot to stay here then he won't go anywhere. It doesn't matter when he's signed it's if he's signed. Even if we wait til the last minute to sign him it won't matter. Cuz he isn't goin anywhere.

---------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Originally posted by Bang

I don't think the FO can be accused of waiting til the last minute to do anything, really.

~BAng

I have to agree with Bang on this one. Smoot won't have to ask for an extention. Snyder will pretty much get the ball rolling whenever he senses that Smoot is thinking contract.:2cents:

Archived