Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Y we should get T. Washington and D. Gardener...

Renegade7

Now here's a brilliant idea. Both Daryl Gardener and Ted Washington are UFA this year. Both of which are proven veterans. Gardener has 8 seasons and Washington has 13. And it would be almost impossible for anyone to run up the middle on us. Given their age, i would expect them to be overly expensive either.

Anyone who saw the super bowl could vouch for Ted Washington being an absolute monster in the middle. Everytime CAR ran up the middle Ted was there to either slow it down or shut it down all by himself. The fact is, even at 13 years pro he's a monster. Even if he doesn't start, he would definetly be somone i'd want on my team, say maybe for sure running plays or goal line stances. Just nothing gets through him. He 365 lbs for cryin out loud!!!:thud: Grag Blache also was the D cordinator in Chicago when Ted was there and they went to the playoffs. I'm not exactly sure of this but i belive Greg Williams coached Ted for a year when he was in Buffalo as well

As for Gardener, ya he had a bad year at Denver. But when he was here last year, he was voted team mvp. And for good reason. He was just huge, almost always took on a double team and was just as much of a force in the middle as washington. I remember one game i was sitting down with my dad and he was totally shocked when he took on a double team and with one hand grabbed a running back who hand the ball. I can't remember if he took him down or not, but just the sight of him doin that just made my jaw drop. Remember, team mvp.

So if we're goin to work on the d-line and we want to make it dominant, i believe that we should start with signing these to guys. Thoughts?

----------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Gardener only missed one game while he was here, and he didn't start that many games this year because he was either suspened or at it with Shanahan. Ted just got a super bowl ring, and before this season and that horrible injury that cause him to miss 14 games in 2002 he had 7 straight seasons where he played all 16 games of the season. So what are u talking about their injury prone fat asses. Their fat asses that shut up the run, and that's what we need and can get.

--------------------------------

That'd be even better! Sapp is one of the best all around DTs in the leauge. If we had him and Washington in the middle, or say we had 5 downline men, with Sapp Gardener and Washington, that would be the end of anyone running up the middle on us. I'm sold, make it happen Danny!

--------------------------

Originally posted by dcogan1820

OK. No one is against both of them coming here. End of discussion. This is like trying to start a debate about why babies shouldn't drive.

debate?:laugh: lol, its too late for a debate. I was just asking for everyones opinion. U can debate if ya'll want, cuz i'll get back to ya'll in the morning. This isn't exactly the time to start battling each other, and like u said dcogan, no one's really against this idea.

-----------------------------------

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

Both of those D tackles with Noble in the rotation there would be no more running against us. Then our run defense would be tight and I mean tight. Put Udeze on the end and we're mean with Lavar coming from the other side. Watch out here they come.

how sweet it would be. U feel that ladies and gents? that's the breezy of the promiseland. And it feels cool, balmy, and very close indeed.

-------------------------------

I think Washington and Gardener would be great additions for the line...I would be happy if we can get at least one of them. Overjoyed if we got both...although I think there are others out there that could be just as good of additions...In addition to Washington and potentially Gardener these guys should be available as well.

Defensive Tackles

Cornelius Griffin New York Giants UFA

Robaire Smith Tennessee Titans UFA

Cedric Woodard Seattle Seahawks UFA

Keith Traylor Chicago Bears UFA

Archived