Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Corey Dillon a Redskin?

Brueck

Originally posted by bulldog

he's no good here, we aren't going to be playing the Browns 2 games a year for him to get 500 yards against to pad his averages :laugh: :laugh:

You mean like Jamal Lewis? Jamal Lewis got right around 500 yards on his quest to 2000 - that's a quarter of his total yards.

Dillon is a solid player and I'd be happy with either him or Duce in DC.

A change of scenery would undoubtedly do him good and would probably lead to a renaissance of sorts for him. It would be the first time in his career that he's EVER played under a winning coach for a tradition laden organization.

People are poo-pooing his achievements but he is a top-tier back. He is not terribly old and has at least two good years left, probably three, and if we're lucky four. If he came here I'd look for him to have a Stephen Davis in Carolina type of year.

Leave an organization and a coach that you've grown to disdain and thrive with a change of scenery.

I really like the idea of getting Dillon.

i know some people want the skins to draft a rb but gibbs does have a history of getting rb that look to some on the down side and getting good production out of them , if gibbs think he can control dillon and he doesn, t cost to much then i say welcome to washington corey.

If Dillion is available it would be better for us to trade for him then to allow him to go to the Cowgirls. He's a good back that can produce and if were going to get another RB. It might as well be us instead of someone else in our division. NFL players seem to play better when they get out of a situation they didn't like. Whomever Gibbs wants works for me his system has been wonderful in making so called washed up players stars again. Especially RB like Riggins, Rogers, Riggs, and Byner if Coach Gibbs wants him lets get him.

I think he would be a good fit, even though he has b!tched & complained, he has always produced when given the chance. Lets face it, most players who played in Cinci have complained up until this yr.

He is the big back that the Gibbs offense uses.

I am not saying that he is the only answer to our need at RB, but he is an intriguing option.

I think Dillon would be a good back to have. His attitude in Cinci was developed over years of being on the biggest loser in the NFL. I don't hear Buffalo complaining at all about Takeo Spikes and he expressed how upset he was on the Bengals many times.

Originally posted by DG-Skinsmann

Bring in Dillon only if he accepts an incentive laden contract. Draft a runner later in round 4, and take the best of what we have now.:D

He has 2 years left at 3.3 and 3.8 million, there is no way he signs a contract that has a remote chance of him ending up with 1 cent less.

Dillon is another moody ballplayer with a superiority complex. When he came in Lewis refused to give Dillon any deference or genuflect in front of him and that offended Corey, who was THE celebrity on the club before Lewis was hired.

Grabbing Dillon to block him from going to Dallas is a pretty stupid reason for committing to a player by itself.

Dallas has been rumored to be interested in Mark Brunell, Corey Dillon, Kurt Warner and a half dozen other disgruntled, aging ballplayers that are looking for a fresh start.

While I do believe the Cowboys will be more active this offseason in free agency, it is hard to believe that Parcells is going to target a group of prickly players who have big egos.

Archived