Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

North v South Game

NavyDave

Definately

Very good blocker and was getting raves with his seam catches with very suprisingly soft hands.

I saw two of his catches and YAC in the game and I'm sold

6'5 265 and according to the coaches and announcers they viewed him as primarily a blocker.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The Tech playbook in general has been very thin for years. It used to be "Mike make a big play" then it turned into "lets hand off to Lee and KJ all game"

There was some serious talent with guys like Willis and Wilford who both have shined in All Star games that was completley misused.

Willis is quick, has good hands, and is an excellent blocker (he should be since all we did was run). However on the season he had only 5 catches! I think Gibbs could do real good things with him and he is from the Peninsula

Man whoever VT's o coordinator is, or whoever designs and calls the plays for them, SUCKS!

They dont throw to TE's, they rarely throw to backs. All i've ever really seen them run is slants, and streak routes. What a joke. They will also throw in the occasional curl. Its really a shame, they dont have combination routes or anything, they are wasting such good talent out there. I like VT, they arent my favorite but I kinda like them, it pisses me off to see this horribly designed offense whenever i watch them. They waste good talent like this Willis kid.

Anyways, how bout Troy Flemming from Tenn! Hell yeah, he always said he wanted to be an RB while he played for my Vols but if he did they would have had no other blocking FB, so he didnt get many carries, but he did average 7 catches a game! They let him play RB today and he looked good!

Another good thing about WIllis.

When he was recruited, it was said he would play football and basketball. Sort of like a Julius Peppers on offense. It really helps with mobility as well as having soft hands.

I agree with all the Tech OC bashing. Stiney sucks. We had numerous weapons in the past couple years that weren't used effectively.

Throw to a TE? Never.

Throw to a RB? Never.

It has been majorly frustrating. I'm hoping our bowl game, although it was a loss, showed Beamer than our O needs to open it up.

With four humbling losses in a row to lesser opponents, Frank Beamer and his offensive and defensive coordinators deserve a little bashing. There is talent from VT in this draft other than KJ and D. Hall. There is Grove, Willis,Wilford and Adibi to name a few that should go in the first four rounds.

If Solich gets fired for going 9-3 there must be an end to Frank Beamer's leash. How many losses to the BCs of the world must the Hokies suffer? I do not understand how this man is held in such high regard. Another poor season this year for VT and there should be some serious questioning of Beamer and his staff. He is mediocre at best.

Originally posted by Skins26

Anyways, how bout Troy Flemming from Tenn! Hell yeah, he always said he wanted to be an RB while he played for my Vols but if he did they would have had no other blocking FB, so he didnt get many carries, but he did average 7 catches a game! They let him play RB today and he looked good!

I started a whole thread on this guy earlier. He looked damn good today. They say 6th round, but after today, hell, he could jump a couple of rounds. We should keep an eye on him.

Archived