Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS debate Taylor,Ware and Jones..

Samuels

I thought i'd bring up some great players that never get discussed on this board Matt Ware cb/fs UCLA and Sean Jones fs UGA. We know Sean Taylor is the cream of the crop but these guys are'nt far behind and are likely early 2nd rounders most have them going late 1st after workouts but 1 will slide.

VS run Sean Jones

best centerfielder Sean Taylor

best in man 2 man Matt Ware

best in zone Sean Taylor

best blitzer Sean Taylor

biggest hitter Sean Jones

I really love all 3 has FS prospects

Taylor-Is the total package and a ballhawking CF and clearly the best available.

Jones just started playing FS and is a stud already a aggressive hitter with great speed,size,strenght.

Ware-Is very versatile and could be drafted has a Cb.He has great man 2 man coverage ability and has the chance to be great in the passing game.

We have true studs in Winslow and Taylor has rd1 possibilitys and Watson,Ware,Jones has possibilitys in rd2.Even Scheiwgert may last till rd3 at Fs.

Yes, Taylor would win all of these categories.

Taylor is a beast, and he is so much better than these other two its just not comparable. I'm not trying to knock on the other two b/c im sure they are good players, but Taylor is just so much better than anyone ive ever seen before. It's just shocking to see him play in person. If we draft him all you season ticket holders will get a real treat. And as soon as my name moves up on the list a little more i will get a real treat too!

From the first time you see him in person when you will say to yourself, "Is that guy really a DB?? Are you kidding me???" From the first time you see him run, which will leave you shocked at how fast he can move. To the first INT he will take all the way back, which will probably be in the first game.

Remember folks, this guy had 10 INT's and college, he missed like 2 games, and these teams did everything they could to avoid him. At first in the NFL they will test him, which will fail and result in a lot of Taylor picks. Then if we have Bailey on one side of the field and Taylor on the other, they arent going to have anywhere to throw the ball. Its just a fact. They will have to be dumping off these little passes all game, which will soon enough allow our CB's and LB's to jump those short little routes and result in a lot of INT's for the whole team.

Listen guys I love Taylor and think him and Winslow2 are the best prospects in this draft more so then even Fitzgerald. But Taylor is far from a dominater in the run game and really is'nt that physical in the run game.He also has a penchant for the Stanley Richards shoulder pad tackle and misses sometimes. Ware is defintely better in man 2 man and Jones is better in run support.The reason Taylor will be a top pick is because of speed and his ability to play the middle. He will not be able to cover good Wr's 1 on 1 maybe slot guys and is'nt has big has advertised 6-3 230 more like 6-1 215.

If we don't get Sean Taylor then we are not gonna get any of these guys, the reasoning behind getting Taylor was not the great need at safety but that we wanted to draft the best player possible. our #2 is going to be a d linemen like Tubbs or Lavalais or Dockett if we are really lucky.

I think we need a coverage Fs in the 4-6 if its Taylor or not.Bowen and Iffy are'nt fast enough or have good enough instincts to play the deep middle on the island the 4-6 makes them play.Do any of you guys feel comfortable playing man with Bowen has the single deep guy I know I don't.

I agree that we need a safety either way. I'd actually like two new safeties but realize that's not probable. Taylor is and has been my preference but if we don't pick him I still think we need to find another one. Of the two starters we have now I actually think Bowen can be the better of the two if the new and improved coaching can get him to take better angles. Ohalete is better suited as a backup, IMO.

Listen guys I love Taylor and think him and Winslow2 are the best prospects in this draft more so then even Fitzgerald. But Taylor is far from a dominater in the run game and really is'nt that physical in the run game.He also has a penchant for the Stanley Richards shoulder pad tackle and misses sometimes. Ware is defintely better in man 2 man and Jones is better in run support.The reason Taylor will be a top pick is because of speed and his ability to play the middle. He will not be able to cover good Wr's 1 on 1 maybe slot guys and is'nt has big has advertised 6-3 230 more like 6-1 215.

Samuels,

I am going to have to differ in opinion here. I have rarely seen Taylor miss any tackles. Maybe a few times, but so does everything. The next thing about the run game I really dont think you can compare these guys, b/c Miami does not bring their safeties up to help stop the run, they refuse to do it, therefore Taylor really doesnt have a chance to get that involved in the run game, however with his size/speed/ and some work he could get even good at that. I have read several scouting reports though that do say he does a good job flying up against the run and punishing backs.

Of course he probably wont be able to cover good WR's one on one. Thats not what safeties do. If you have any safety on a good WR one on one then you are pretty much in trouble. Safeties are sometimes asked to cover the slot guy, and Taylor could dominate that role. And more often are against TE's which Taylor would dominate them as well.

People keep saying he's not as big as advertised but I disagree. Maybe a little smaller but he's not 6-1 215. He's at least 6-2 225. Some have said he has noodle arms but I believe that is just because his arms are so incredibly long it makes them look thin, when he really is quite strong. If you have ever seen this guy up close in real life you would agree with me that he has to be AT LEAST 6-2 225. He's a monster.

I'm not saying Taylor sucks in the run game he just does'nt play it like Jones.Jones I believe was a qb that switched to Fs but he shows great form and wraps up nicely.He also is way more physical in the run game and maybe that because Taylor is off the line. I think Taylor is awfully lanky looking to come in over 220lbs and I don't think he will. Taylor also does'nt really miss a bunch of tackles he just tackles high and does'nt always take his man down, more less rides him down.He needs to get stronger I think and really work on proper form and getting low consistenly in the run game and he does this sometimes. He'll still be a great player and a top pick. I would'nt mind Taylor at all he'll be a great player so don't think I'm knocking him just to do it.

Sean Taylor 6-3 225

Pros: Taylor is one of those players who has a rare combination of size and speed for his position. He is able to handle either saftety spot, but will be a free safety in the NFL.

Cons: For all his attributes, Taylor has some minor flaws as a prospect. He is sometimes a slow learner and can make mistakes in pass coverage. His abilities generally cover any flaws however.

Sean Jones 6-2 212 4.43-40

Pros: Sean shows exceptional athleticism & has great size & speed for his position. Very good in run support as well as in coverage, good closure speed, can be used in safety blitzes, is a big play guy who can also do KRs.

Cons: Like any junior coming out early there is always room for refinement of techniques. However, Sean is ready for the NFL and should be able to step into the starting lineup day one if necessary.

Matt Ware 6-3 205 4.42-40

Pros: Awesome prospect who combines size, speed and athletic ability to shut down a receiver. Can play corner or safety in the NFL. Outstanding in coverage a good tackler and good character kid. Fluid in transition and able to jam at the line. Can still get eve

Cons: A little raw because of the position changes and summers spent playing pro baseball (Drafted by the Mariners.) A few minor injuries that will need to be checked out. Would need to improve as a tackler if he remains at Safety. May need to improve his speed.

Info from www.nflfans.com

Ghost,I Tivo and record tons of games all year but don't watch them till after the season where I can pay attention to each play. For all of Taylors flaws Udeze does have a few more that worry me. And I'm telling everybody Jones and Ware are very good Fs prospects and should'nt be overlooked..

You guys can claimer for Taylor all you want but Gibbs isn't using a high pick on a safety.

I'm so glad we have someone who knows how to draft now and not someone who thinks like you guys do. That's why we've been crappy for so long because of backward thinking like you guys are talking about.

screw taylor. we do not need a freelancer at safety. freelancing is problem wit ur linebacking corps and most of u agree. i agree jones is no sean taylor. however he seems to be a complete package that needs maybe a little refinement. our safetys are both a bit one-dimensional. however iffy can rack up the tackles at SS. bowen should be backup IMO. so i say jones is an attractive name at the no. 5 pick in the 3rd round. i believe he would be part of the solution to reducing the problem of average running backs looking like barry sanders.

Method,actually Jones will start day 1 and be very good againest the run and pass.He is big for a FS at 6-2 215lbs he brings attitude to the run D and is a great blitzer with speed and range. The scary part is he is'nt finished he was moved from offensive just 2 years ago and has been outstanding.That draftsite list him #20 overall and if he's at #41 and we have taken care of the d-lineman he would be a complete steal.I even like Ware at #41 but he's more of a pass coverage FS.

Originally posted by Old Glory

You guys can claimer for Taylor all you want but Gibbs isn't using a high pick on a safety.

I'm so glad we have someone who knows how to draft now and not someone who thinks like you guys do. That's why we've been crappy for so long because of backward thinking like you guys are talking about.

I think we hurt someone's feelings. So, who would you say would be the NFL Draft prognosticator that we should listen to?

Archived