Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Titans not $16 M over cap, try $19 M according to Houston Chronicle

goldenster95

Lord have mercy. As if $16 M weren't bad enough. Now it's $19 M. How're the Titans gonna keep more than 30 players on their roster?

:yikes:

The Titans have an unrivaled cap problem. They're projected to be about $19 million over the projected cap of approximately $79 million. Their top 11 players currently under contract take up a staggering $70 million.

:thud:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/fb/nfl/2372266

I heard them talk about that Eddie George possible retirement article on "Around The Horn" on ESPN today

I wanted to read that. Thanks for hooking us up golden

I think this stat alone tells why the Titans will NOT be able to resign DE Jevon Kearse:

The Titans have an unrivaled cap problem. They're projected to be about $19 million over the projected cap of approximately $79 million. Their top 11 players currently under contract take up a staggering $70 million.

That's a LOT for just 11 players

I HAVE FOUND THE REASON THE TENNESSEE TITANS ARE OVER THE CAP BY ABOUT 20 MILLION....

Bucky Richardson, John Henry Mills, Ernest Givens, Haywood Jeffries, Webster Slaughter and Al Del Greco are still on the payroll from years past!!!

I'd love to see who ( and what ) they are paying these 11 guys out of the 53 on the roster. I'd have to assume that the 11 guys they are talking about are :

McNair

George

Bulluck

Kearse

Carter

Haynesworth

Mason

Schulters

Rolle

Wyscheck

Holcombe

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's who the 11 guys are, although, I do know Craig Hentrich makes in the area of 1mil a year and I have a feeling that guys like Bennett, Boiman, Serman, and Calico are going to demand pretty good sized deals in the next few years. I feel bad for that team. Looks like they might have to dismantle when they were close to being back in the big one.

Originally posted by jbooma

who cares, Oakland was 23 million over last year and they didn't get rid of too many of their stars to fix it, they did suck this year though :laugh:

You can't just compare one team to another. It all depends on how each of the team's players' contracts and how they are structured.

The other big difference with the Titans this year is that not only do they have to get under the cap, they also have to sign a lot of folks whose contracts have expired.

They wont suck that long however the skins should grab Robaire Smith with the quickness then if feasible go after kearse.

That gives us two nice young D linemen and a significant upgrade for the d line and still in position to grab several more FAs and of course allow us to grab S Taylor which is finally a splash for the defense in the first round

Archived