Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skins need to work out bailey deal

bsmsss

i know we will franchise bailey--but it would be much better if the skins work out a long term deal instead--tying up 6-7 mil on the cap for franchising bailey will hinder us in getting players come march--thus lowering his cap # is a must if we are to get some highly sought after free agents

also out top 5 pick will take up a good portion of out cap--thus this makes it even more important to work out a deal with bailey to lower his cap #

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I don't think there is any way we keep Bailey. I was at the Redskins store yeaterday and all the Bailey jeresys were 1/2 price.

Not a good sign:doh:

Hey who needs Bailey. The skins trade him in get a first round pick for him. Then we get winfield or the guy from the ravens. then the skins draft winslow get dockett and darft wilson. Thats what i think the skins should do.

Everything is pure speculation from all of us, but anyone thinking we're better off without Champ is foolish. He deserves a raise and a good contract. Once the 2 sides start talking there will be no Frachise Tag being used. That will only come if Champ wants out and he has never said that. He only said he wants to be respected and paid like other FA the team has signed. I would want the same thing if my team had signed over 8 FA and I was on the team longer. Jansen said the same thing and he got paid. All we have to do is be fair and pay the man. If we all think about who hasn't Snyder paid? Lavar didn't take his first extension so why did Champ have to? He should paid like one of the best DB with a SB of 18 mil. Deion got 15 mil to sign with Dallas in 96 this 2004.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I don't think there is any way we keep Bailey. I was at the Redskins store yeaterday and all the Bailey jeresys were 1/2 price.

Not a good sign:doh:

so were all the Jansen ones.

So....what does that mean?

Wait...I know. I means that nobody bought them this year.

Shall we revisit the Gibbs quote about assuming Champ will be here?

Do you want to challenge Gibbs right now? Until he does something different from what he says....I'll go with the Coach.

First off,I'd like to keep Bailey. He's a very good corner. But,he has to come at a reasonable price so that we can still manuever to fill our other needs. Just put it this way. if it came down to signing Champ to a big deal or acquiring a pass rush,I'd have to take the pass rush. :2cents:

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

What's reasonable? Stephen Davis was underpaid for years then when it was time for him to get a new contract he got one. Champ is a higher priority then this #5 pick who will demand 13 mil. If Gibbs wants Champ then Snyder will pay and keep Champ. Gibbs wants him so we'll keep him.

What's reasonable? Well,Champ said before the season that he was the best corner in the league and needed to be paid like it. IMO,he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid corner in the league. All I'm saying is that Snyder doesn't need to break the bank with Champ.

Originally posted by ..........

so were all the Jansen ones.

So....what does that mean?

Wait...I know. I means that nobody bought them this year.

Shall we revisit the Gibbs quote about assuming Champ will be here?

Do you want to challenge Gibbs right now? Until he does something different from what he says....I'll go with the Coach.

Easy big fella.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

What's reasonable? Well,Champ said before the season that he was the best corner in the league and needed to be paid like it. IMO,he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid corner in the league. All I'm saying is that Snyder doesn't need to break the bank with Champ.

Aye, does anyone have that quote? I'm curious to see if he actually said 'best corner in the game' or if he said among the best,..., does anyone have his quote?

Originally posted by fansince62

great idea! let him go to philly or dallas or NY!

baileys come around once in a generation.

I didn't say just let him go. I would like to keep Bailey but not at the expense of the rest of the team. Like I said earlier,if it came down between breaking the bank on Champ or acquiring a great pass rush, a great pass rush would win out everytime IMO...:2cents:

they should keep him if it doesn't break the teams capspace and keep them form upgrading the dl, rb, and te position, champ is great but they cant sacrifice the three other positional needs just for him( that not including back up qb and other depth needs gibbs might decide to adress)

Originally posted by ccableguy

they should keep him if it doesn't break the teams capspace and keep them form upgrading the dl, rb, and te position, champ is great but they cant sacrifice the three other positional needs just for him( that not including back up qb and other depth needs gibbs might decide to adress)

Exactly..... :D

The only team I see desperate enough to Sign Champ away from us would be the Lions. Notice I said 'would'. The Lions have the same issues we have:

• CB
  • RB
  • Both safties

I forgot to mention DL in my list above.

If the 'Skins franchise Champ, I don't see him moving. If the 'Skins decide to let Champ move on and take the picks, I could see us considering McAllister as a viable option.

The unknown is what makes this so d@mn interesting. Like looking at a beautiful woman and wondering if she would like to spend time with you:laugh:

I don't see any benifit in letting him walk. We had a soft defense last year, and letting him go in favor of a good pass rush would leave us week in the secondary. We have cap space enough to keep him and get a couple of stand-out defensive linemen.

I'm not too concerned about signing a RB right now. We need to pick up the positions that we most needed last year, without hurting our strenghts. We might be able to get a decent RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

"Cornerback Champ Bailey is the only Redskin on the Sporting News's all-pro team, determined by the voting of 26 NFL personnel directors. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47210-2004Jan25.html

Champ is a Redskin!:thumb:

Let's sign him and them go out and get a pass rush to support the guy. We don't want to have to face this guy 2 times a year. :gus: Corner is one of the toughest position to fill. Even with some bad team we have been luck to have GREAT corners over the years..... let's keep it that way, SIGN CHAMP!:hump:

It's pretty obvious that the Dline will look much different next year, and I think Champ will too. Asking any corner to cover that long with NO pressure on the qb is crazy. Even Smoot got burned this year, we just give him the benifit of the doubt cause he's still young. Champ is still one of the best. I'd just like to hear him say he'd like to remain a SKIN.

Originally posted by New

It's pretty obvious that the Dline will look much different next year, and I think Champ will too. Asking any corner to cover that long with NO pressure on the qb is crazy. Even Smoot got burned this year, we just give him the benifit of the doubt cause he's still young. Champ is still one of the best. I'd just like to hear him say he'd like to remain a SKIN.

:cheers: :applause:

Archived