Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D-line thought (blast away!!)

Renegade7

quote:

Originally posted by dcogan1820

First of all.... no. Just no... to everything. Obviously there are more than just Titan D-Lineman in FA. We mention them because they are the best fit and most talented. Second of all, as it has been probably be said over 1000 times on this board, Ogunleye is going to cost a 1st and a 3rd, not to mention a contract almost as big as Kearse's (trust me, he will want ALOT). Third, DRuss WILL NOT BE BACK. I'm sorry. But he will not be here next year. And as for Howard being our premiere pass rusher, you forget that he isn't a premiere pass rusher. I'd like Wistrom, but only if we get Kearse or another pass rusher. The best would be drafting Harris, signing Griffin or Smith, signing Kearse, and signing another DE, like Eric Hicks or something. That's a D-Line. Don't try to pass off the crap you have up there as a defensive line. That's our line from last year with bigger names. We need a line that will get things done. We can't neglect it anymore. And as for Sean Taylor: I love him. I want to draft him. It's just that we need Udeze or Harris more. Sorry guys.

-------------------------------------------------

my turn...

C'mon man! U know Udeze and Harris aren't worth a fifth overall pick! And ya, they'll be gone by the second round! Sean Taylor is a playmaker, and we can't get any safety near his talent in FA this year. The Hicks and Wistrom are give out nearly the same producting, yet Wistrom had 2 1/2 sacks more this year. And what's wrong with D Russel! He missed one practice, and even tho being out half the season and didn't go to training camp, he way better then all our other d-line! He was a monster, and once he goes to training camp he'll be a monster again! Get him now while he's cheap or we'll jest keep saying "what if" once he's back in the pro bowl. Howard CAN be our premire pass rusher. He got 5 sacks in 8 games, he missed half the season tho. He had 8 last season, and 11 his rookie season, this is the only year he didn't play all 16 games. Despite how good curse is, that's easily 7 million against the cap. That's a third of our cap money down the drain on one player, not counting whether we re-sign champ or not. And if the have Winstrom, Hicks, Kearse/Howard, what do we need to use a first round pick on a DE for?!

--------------------------------------------

0-16, 16-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Archived