Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Clarett is Allowed to Enter the 2003 Draft, Will it Benefit Us?

Charlie Murphaaay

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

I don't see how.

Clarrett is not a first round draft choice. Anyone remember Lawrence Phillips?

Yeah, I remember Phillips and his troubles, but Clarett hasn't been dragging women around and beating them up. He hasn't been arrested, and isn't a criminal.

However, I really don't want him in a Redskin uniform, because of his lack of durablility, and speed. I just hope he can divert some attention from the RB's that would benefit us the most.

Clarett will go by the 2nd round easy. Has a true freshman the buckeyes offense rode him to a national championship. He won't immediately blowup but he will be a stud NFL back and i'd draft him before Greg Jones in a heartbeat. How many RB's ever impacted the game like he did has a true freshman not many if he would have played this year the buckeyes would have been right back in the thick of things.Like him or not he is a physical freak with great rb skills.

Clarett 2002:

222 carries for 1237 yards

Fred Russell (Iowa) 2002 numbers:

220 carries for 1264 yards

Just one example of the myriad of RBs who had better numbers than Clarett last year.

I would be shocked if he went in the second round. Good college player does not equal good pro player.

Yeah but OSU had no passing game and Clarett faced 8-9 in the box all the time. Russell had a great passing game with Brad Banks and does'nt have anything on Clarett. I don't care if we draft him or but he is gonna be a stud.He carried OSU at 18 freaking years old.He's quick in the hole and has a 2nd gear.He has size and runs with lean and power.And he breaks tackles and makes people miss.

Originally posted by WallyG3

F Clarett. The coaching staff wants people with smarts. Something Maurice is obviously lacking in.

First of all... This is the 2004 draft, not 2003

Secondly, He's comming bakc to play for the Buckeyes in 2004, much to my delight.

And Finally, the misconception that Clarett is stupid is totally unfounded. The issue that got him into trouble is the fact taht a professor gave him "special treatment" by allowing him to take an African history exam orally. That's what sparked the whole contraversy to begin with. Other than that his grades are on target.

i think he'd be an excellent NFL runner. He has a combination of speed and power that makes him a serious threat to defenses.

Some one said that he was small in this message board a few weeks ago, to whick i responed, "I didn't know that 6'0'' 230 was small."

The only thing he needs to work on is duribility. If he gets that taken care of watch out. I could only home that he'd be in DC in 2005.

It bothers me that Clarett is being judged by that little misdemenor charge. He's being labled as problem player becasue of one little run-in with the law. The most taht will come out of that is a small fine. let's not forget that he's an 18 yr old kid that is trying to live in the media spotlight. I know alot of grown men that can't handle the media scrutiny. He's done very well in my mind.

I'm sure that there are alot of people on this thread that have done things when they were younger that they're not proud of. It's just not fair to label him and say that he has a lack of charater becasue of one incident.

I happen to know that he's a good guy. Several of my freinds have classes with him and say that he's a really nice, down to earth guy, the opposite of what you would think of the "Big Dog on Campus"

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

rellim - Durability and Speed?

Who are you talking about? Clarrett or Greg Jones? :)

If I remember correctly, Clarrett missed several games and even had knee surgery during the Ohio States national championship season. Seems like he's alway nicked up in some way shape or form.

Originally posted by Hogwash

It bothers me that Clarett is being judged by that little misdemenor charge.

I feel the same way. It won't take long (if it hasn't already been stated) before someone on this board labels him a "Headcase" because he accepted gifts from Lebron or whoever it was. He's never committed any crimes or anything like that. It just goes to show that anyone especially in sports who goes through some trouble automatically has grand "character" issue.

I don't have anything against him personality wise.

Originally posted by rellim

I feel the same way. It won't take long (if it hasn't already been stated) before someone on this board labels him a "Headcase" because he accepted gifts from Lebron or whoever it was. He's never committed any crimes or anything like that. It just goes to show that anyone especially in sports who goes through some trouble automatically has grand "character" issue.

I don't have anything against him personality wise.

Here's the skinny on it. The car and the contents that were stolen were gifts from boosters at OSU. Clarrett later went to the police to recant an earlier statement about the contents of the car. He said in the police report that there was X amout of money in stereo equipment stolen, and later he admitted to miselading them. To me that shows character that he felt guilty about lying and told the truth when he could have gotten off scott free.

Originally posted by essex03

Please make this little dude eligible for the draft. I want to see LaVar light him up on the field. He is definitely not a 1st or 2nd round pick.

He's TOO YOUNG to play yet...

He's allready stated that he wants to play another year for OSU and win another National Title.

Little dude? He's almost the same size as Stephen Davis.

6'0 and 230.

Archived