Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you make of Jansen's leadership?

SPare

John Jansen has been pilloried here for his leadership, or lack thereof, over the last year. Want to get your thoughts.

My opinion is that we will be ecstatic about how he responds to the new situation. Based on some experiences that I have had, I think that the disconnect for Jansen might have been Spurrier.

Here's my theory. Low and mid level leaders (which all players are, no matter who they are) need some amount of support from their superiors. If their superiors undermine them, it gets frustrating, and in some cases, those low to mid level guys simply get despondent. the outward appearance is that the guy is a malcontent, and is not the leader that he is expected to be (expressed by rebelling against the superior)

My prediction is that JJ is the go-to guy for Boss Hog.

John Jansen has been pilloried here for his leadership, or lack thereof, over the last year. Want to get your thoughts.

My opinion is that we will be ecstatic about how he responds to the new situation. Based on some experiences that I have had, I think that the disconnect for Jansen might have been Spurrier.

Here's my theory. Low and mid level leaders (which all players are, no matter who they are) need some amount of support from their superiors. If their superiors undermine them, it gets frustrating, and in some cases, those low to mid level guys simply get despondent. the outward appearance is that the guy is a malcontent, and is not the leader that he is expected to be (expressed by rebelling against the superior)

My prediction is that JJ is the go-to guy for Boss Hog.

I love Doc Walker's comment after the press conference... "If you are an offensive lineman and you are not working out as you are watching this, you are making a big mistake!"

That says it all, everyone of them will be held fully accountable for every play, which is good.

I love Doc Walker's comment after the press conference... "If you are an offensive lineman and you are not working out as you are watching this, you are making a big mistake!"

That says it all, everyone of them will be held fully accountable for every play, which is good.

Archived