Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK!! Time to let out my Big Brother Bias

bayougator

Originally posted by Jimbo

We all saw what happened in 1991 when Mary Rypien had all the time in the world to throw. I think he was sacked on the average of once every other game or something crazy like that. I expect the same from Ramsey.

My only advice to Patrick: Trust Joe Gibbs implicitly and absorb like he has never absorbed before! Joe Theismann did and had Gibbs come along sooner in Joe's career, (not to mention had he not suffered the broken leg) he would surely have been a Hall of Famer.

Don't forget about this, 5 years after Favre retires, Theismann will be the only QB to ever go to back to back Superbowls, winning one, that will not be in the Hall.

Bayougator, tell Patrick that it's going to be great seeing no grass stains on his uniform. Gibbs led 2 seasons with the Redskins QB's being sacked in single digits for the season. I'm not saying it will happen with this line, but Patrick shouldn't expect to be sacked 30-40 times in a season.

Originally posted by Jimbo

We all saw what happened in 1991 when Mary Rypien had all the time in the world to throw. I think he was sacked on the average of once every other game or something crazy like that. I expect the same from Ramsey.

My only advice to Patrick: Trust Joe Gibbs implicitly and absorb like he has never absorbed before! Joe Theismann did and had Gibbs come along sooner in Joe's career, (not to mention had he not suffered the broken leg) he would surely have been a Hall of Famer.

Don't forget about this, 5 years after Favre retires, Theismann will be the only QB to ever go to back to back Superbowls, winning one, that will not be in the Hall.

Bayougator, tell Patrick that it's going to be great seeing no grass stains on his uniform. Gibbs led 2 seasons with the Redskins QB's being sacked in single digits for the season. I'm not saying it will happen with this line, but Patrick shouldn't expect to be sacked 30-40 times in a season.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

PS...

Please pass on to Patrick how impressed I was that he held the high ground in his interview. It was clear that the interviewer was trying to bait him into bashing Spurrier and Patrick would take no part in it. No mater how anyone feels about Spurrier, the public bashing of the man has gone way over the top. That interview showed class and maturity beyond his age. :notworthy

Well said, I totally agree.. Patrick is total class without a doubt.:cheers:

Originally posted by Mad Mike

PS...

Please pass on to Patrick how impressed I was that he held the high ground in his interview. It was clear that the interviewer was trying to bait him into bashing Spurrier and Patrick would take no part in it. No mater how anyone feels about Spurrier, the public bashing of the man has gone way over the top. That interview showed class and maturity beyond his age. :notworthy

Well said, I totally agree.. Patrick is total class without a doubt.:cheers:

I was thinking about you and Patrick yesterday, BG, and wondering when you were going to show up. Everyone else has already said it all, but I'll simply reiterate. Gibbs returning is like Lombardi returning. It's HUGE, and Patrick, Lavar, and everyone else are going to be absolutely wide-eyed in their first mini-camp at Gibbs and his staff as they get down to business.

I was thinking about you and Patrick yesterday, BG, and wondering when you were going to show up. Everyone else has already said it all, but I'll simply reiterate. Gibbs returning is like Lombardi returning. It's HUGE, and Patrick, Lavar, and everyone else are going to be absolutely wide-eyed in their first mini-camp at Gibbs and his staff as they get down to business.

Originally posted by Ghost Who Talks

KDawg

I believe Ryp was sacked like 7 times, and Rutledge twice.

The team gave up the 9 sacks, I believe, but Rypien was not a party to all 9.

I thought Conklin had 2 sacks on him....

I remember we went into the last game against Philly with the record for the least number of sacks in a season, that all went away when Gibbs pulled his starters in the second half to protect them for the playoffs. I may be wrong but I think Rypien had one sack on him that game and then Conklin/Rutledge had 2... Maybe it was 3 on the later....

Doesn't matter though since Gibbs lines always did seem to protect the QB and move the pile in short yardage situations.

Peace

Originally posted by Ghost Who Talks

KDawg

I believe Ryp was sacked like 7 times, and Rutledge twice.

The team gave up the 9 sacks, I believe, but Rypien was not a party to all 9.

I thought Conklin had 2 sacks on him....

I remember we went into the last game against Philly with the record for the least number of sacks in a season, that all went away when Gibbs pulled his starters in the second half to protect them for the playoffs. I may be wrong but I think Rypien had one sack on him that game and then Conklin/Rutledge had 2... Maybe it was 3 on the later....

Doesn't matter though since Gibbs lines always did seem to protect the QB and move the pile in short yardage situations.

Peace

Stan Humphries was the 3rd string back up in '91. Conklin was 2 years later. Ryp I believe was in for 7 sacks and Rutledge had 2 sacks in the second half of the Eagle game when we rested the starters. Ryp did not get sacked in the playoffs. Amazing that Ryp played in 18.5 games and was only sacked 7 times.

Stan Humphries was the 3rd string back up in '91. Conklin was 2 years later. Ryp I believe was in for 7 sacks and Rutledge had 2 sacks in the second half of the Eagle game when we rested the starters. Ryp did not get sacked in the playoffs. Amazing that Ryp played in 18.5 games and was only sacked 7 times.

I do not think what I or any other poster on this board has to say should sway you or Patrick about now being under Gibbs.

What should are two things:

Watch the film

Look at the caliber of QB's who have played under Gibbs and listen to how they feel about their time with coach Gibbs. Look the admiration, respect and love the players of past teams have for him, it's the real thing.

Now Patrick' it is up to you. You are right BG; Pat has opportunity, not excuses in front of him.

I do not think what I or any other poster on this board has to say should sway you or Patrick about now being under Gibbs.

What should are two things:

Watch the film

Look at the caliber of QB's who have played under Gibbs and listen to how they feel about their time with coach Gibbs. Look the admiration, respect and love the players of past teams have for him, it's the real thing.

Now Patrick' it is up to you. You are right BG; Pat has opportunity, not excuses in front of him.

Bayou,

Yours and Pat's prayers have been answered. He will have protection next year. At times Gibbs has sent only 1 receiver

out and kept everyone else for protection.

I see the Ramsey to Gibbs union as a marriage made in heaven.

Pat is going to learn so much from a true student and master

at the game of football. You will be amazed at what they will

teach him.

The key is Gibbs and Company are teachers as well as coaches.

Yes, you may be biased. Just remember that we have adopted your brother into our family as well.

HTTR

Bayou,

Yours and Pat's prayers have been answered. He will have protection next year. At times Gibbs has sent only 1 receiver

out and kept everyone else for protection.

I see the Ramsey to Gibbs union as a marriage made in heaven.

Pat is going to learn so much from a true student and master

at the game of football. You will be amazed at what they will

teach him.

The key is Gibbs and Company are teachers as well as coaches.

Yes, you may be biased. Just remember that we have adopted your brother into our family as well.

HTTR

I hear yall! And believe me I and Pat know just how tremendous this is.

And don't think because the players are not doing flips in front of the screen they aren't behind.Pat has had to turn his cell off because all the players are calling eachother.

Why things like this are so amazing is because it is the perfect solution, and that comes about so little that nobody knows how to react. Nothing could have shot adrenaline through this team like this. I dare to say not even wiinning the last NFL game of the year.

But I am also realistic. It is still up to the players to step up. Atleast now they will be put in best position to win each week.

I am just glad that this silly notion about coaching not being important is put to rest. It's not a players league or a coachs league. It is a team sport. More than any other. Well maybe not as much as synchronized swimming.

Bayou

I hear yall! And believe me I and Pat know just how tremendous this is.

And don't think because the players are not doing flips in front of the screen they aren't behind.Pat has had to turn his cell off because all the players are calling eachother.

Why things like this are so amazing is because it is the perfect solution, and that comes about so little that nobody knows how to react. Nothing could have shot adrenaline through this team like this. I dare to say not even wiinning the last NFL game of the year.

But I am also realistic. It is still up to the players to step up. Atleast now they will be put in best position to win each week.

I am just glad that this silly notion about coaching not being important is put to rest. It's not a players league or a coachs league. It is a team sport. More than any other. Well maybe not as much as synchronized swimming.

Bayou

Archived