Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Final Score History (20-16)

kleese

There have been 63 total games in NFL history ending in a final score of 20-16. 61/63 were regular season games with the exceptions being the Super Bowl following the 1988 season (49ers over Bengals) and the 1995 AFC Champ game (Steelers over Colts). 

Washington has been involved in 5 of the 63 games.

1971: Win at Dallas 

1998: Win vs Tampa 

2021: Loss vs Chargers 

2021: Loss vs Eagles 

2023: Win vs Cardinals 

3-2 total with 4 of the 5 games at home. 

—The 1971 game moved Redskins to 3-0

—The 1998 game was on a Saturday afternoon; meaningless in terms of standings for Washington, but was a big blow for Tampa that season. 

—The Eagles game was played Jan 2nd of 2022 but was of course part of the 2021 season. 

• Like 2

Ed, I'm curious when you say "NFL History," is that from 1920, or from the 1970-71 merger? It's pretty wild that out of the 63 games, two of the five we've been a part of have occurred in essentially the past two seasons!

We can also safely assume that we won't be involved in a score where the other team has 0 anytime soon!

More importantly, which gets built first, the Skinmanders new stadium, or the Thunder's new arena?

7 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I was thinking you were going to say "And each time, they went on to win the next game" or something lol...

Good question! In 1971, they won their next game against the Oilers (Redskins started 5-0 that year and then sputtered). 

In 1998, they lost their next game (last game of season) at Dallas. 

Both times in 2021, they won the next week after their 20-16 losses— both wins were agains the Giants. 

So 3-1 following 20-16 games with next week pending. 

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Ed, I'm curious when you say "NFL History," is that from 1920, or from the 1970-71 merger? It's pretty wild that out of the 63 games, two of the five we've been a part of have occurred in essentially the past two seasons!

We can also safely assume that we won't be involved in a score where the other team has 0 anytime soon!

More importantly, which gets built first, the Skinmanders new stadium, or the Thunder's new arena?

All time NFL history, dating all the way back to the 1920’s. Interestingly enough the first 20-16 game didn’t take place until 1953. 

There is going to be vote in Dec to pass or reject the city plan to build new arena here. If approved (and I believe it likely will be) I have heard target open of 2028 or 2029. I would actually think both the new arena here and a new stadium for the football team would be ready about the same time. 

• Like 1