Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Expectations for 2023 Season in this Year of Big Changes

88Comrade2000

my expectations for 2023 regardless of Sam Howell being the starter with only 1 game under his belt is Playoffs or bust, anything less then a Playoff appearance and I'll go even further with saying at least a Wild Card game Win, if that doesn't happen then once again 2023 will be a failed season imho

Edited by ashlynskins
spelling

I see another slow start to the season - a RR specialty.

Howell will understandably struggle, especially the more he puts on tape and other DCs can gameplan for him.  No blame to him here.  Gotta make mistakes and learn.  But him struggling is going to negate a big part of EB's impact (if he is a legit OC, that is).  

More injuries, which by this point we know are inevitable for this team.  It can't figure out how to stay healthy vs. the rest of the league.  This will impact the team again.

A new O line that (again, understandably) struggles for the first half of the season due to working on chemistry and learning the playbook.  Most of the offense will go through inevitable growing pains learning the new offense - something that is not being mentioned nearly enough.  

Chase young looking relatively "solid" and motivated as a player, but nothing beyond that.  The word "bust" comes into more frequent use this year surrounding his name.  I honestly believe this is not going to end well with regard to him panning out relative to his draft status here.  That could be past Redskins high-profile player failures creeping into my mind, but I can't shake this negative feeling I have surrounding Chase.  Again, I think his ceiling is "solid" but not great.  A lot like Montez Sweat.  And that ain't gonna get it.

Robinson will have a hard time finding running lanes behind the O line but gets things done on his own.  He's legit.  Gibson struggling.  He doesn't have great vision and doesn't create much.  If he's used as a pass-catching RB then he'll make a much better impact.  

I see BSJ getting hurt for a third consecutive year.  (I hate writing that, but I believe he's another Jordan Reed.  Really hope I'm wrong.  I hate to see players have their careers and potential big money earning years hampered by damn injuries.  Got my fingers crossed for this young man!)

Team gets better as the year goes on, but a lot like last year, can't win when it counts most.  The rest of the division is only going to be better.  Daboll is the best coach in the division, IMO, and is going to have his team even better with a year to build.  Hence, we lose to the Giants at least once.  They always have our number, and I don't see that changing this year.

We finish 3rd or 4th in the division, with 1 division win.  2 at the very most.  

New owner gets rid of Ron after the season.  I've just never been a fan of firing a coach during the season.  Ron doesn't deserve that indignity.  Ron then retires.  I honestly don't see him wanting a FO job, and I'm not real sure what on earth he could do there.  I don't want him anywhere near player development or selection.  Maybe he could be an ambassador or something like that.  He'd be stellar in that role.  

All in all, a frustrating year where we fall behind the rest of the division early and lose too much ground to be able to make a playoff push.  8 or 9 wins tops.  I really don't see any less than 7 wins though.  My expectations for the last 5 or 6 seasons have been pretty spot-on, so I'll just have to see what this year holds.  The only thing that has me excited about this year is Dan selling and hoping the long-shot of Howell legit looking like he can turn into a QB you can win SBs with.

Edited by Redwards
  • Sad 1