Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, tshile said:

that’s basically a dictatorship though. It’s not a government for/by the people, it’s a government that governs in spite of its people (because they’re too stupid to govern themselves)

I said government needed to be stable and still be able to optimize (adapt) when a large portion of its electorate does not work to overcome their human foibles...not function absent of it or remove it from participation.  The two are very different.  Indeed I pointed out there was likely more widespread ignorance in the past, but the gov't was stable and functioned well enough in that environment.  I can only assume that your jumping to dictatorship from what I said is the result of a semantic disconnect...and we are far enough afield from gun related news I don't think delving into where that disconnect is happening is warranted in this thread.

Also I'm playing Shadow of the Erdtree...so **** you people. :)

I'll just say, in no way was I saying "burn it all down".  The design changes I could see increasing robustness and responsiveness in this age, compared to the last couple of centuries, could be as simple as ranked choice voting, eliminating the electoral college, increasing congressional size, supreme court term limits etc.

• Like 1