Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Green Bay have a good shot next week?

@DCGoldPants

During the last game, Green had 200 yards. McNabb got hot and beat them. McNabb has remained hot since that point.

Green may get his yards, but the Eagles will put more pressure on Favre and the Eagles corners are better than Seattle's. Troy Vincent's health is a factor. If he's near 100%, then GB will have a rough time.

Also, the Eagles offense (believe it or not) is a lot more dynamic than Seattle's. McNabb is a much better playmaker than Hasselback and has been on fire. Westbrook played sparingly in the first game. His loss is damaging to the Eagles, but not crippling. I expect the Eagles will be able to put up some points. Will GB be able to match them? We'll see what JJ comes up with. If Favre throws up prayers like he did today and vs. Oakland, the Eagles will get a few picks.

It's an interesting matchup, but I still like the Eagles. A week off to heal and an extra week to prepare are Reid's favorite conditions to play a game.

If I were the Packers, I'd give Philly a healthy dose of Ahman Green all day long. Green Bay's o-line is the strength of their team and there is no better way to keep the crowd at the Stink out of the game than to keep moving the chains with Batman. Provided that they can stay out of 3rd and longs on offense, I think they will be able to fair pretty well. Defensively, it obviously will come down to how well the Pack contains Donovan McNabb. I think Mackenzie and Harris win their battles against Pinkston and Thrash. The Packer's run defense is suspect, but if Grady Jackson steps up in the middle and has a big game for them, it can make a favourable difference. Overall, in my mind its all about ball control. If McNabb is kept off the field and the Pack can establish the running game, they have as good a chance as anybody in the NFC to win in cold weathered Philly. I don't know, it seems as though the Pack has some good karma following them right now. Brett is clearly on his game and this team seems to be rallying around each other and riding on emotion. Never underestimate the power of emotion in the playoffs. The Pack clearly is riding high on it right now.

They need to shove Ahman Green down their stinkin throats. Favre has to use play action passes to both of his TE and to the WR to take advantage of Jim Johnson wanting to blitz him every down.

On defense, they need to stuff the run and contain McNabb. Its that simple but its harder than hell to do as we all know.

Yeah if Favre doesnt go stupid and try to win the game with his arm they have a better than even shot of beating Philly.

This is something of a tough game to call. GB plays the run pretty well which has been the Fecals staple this season. OTOH, the Fecals also have a tough time stopping the run which could mean a big day for Ahman Green. Still, I hate picking the Packers because they play in such a weak division. However, this season the Fecals are much the same because the NFC East sucked big time this year. I still can't bring myself to pick the Packers though. Fecals 27-24.

Green may get his yards, but the Eagles will put more pressure on Favre and the Eagles corners are better than Seattle's. Troy Vincent's health is a factor. If he's near 100%, then GB will have a rough time.

I would give Philly a slight edge at corner, but its not much of a difference. Seattle has a good set of guys: Springs, Lucas, Trufant.

Archived