Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Set aside the silly media predictions

SnydertheHun

We will get whoever we want. Did anyone see Marty coming? No. What about Spurrier? I read over and over again how we were the last place he would go. One meeting with Dorian Snyder and bingo, here he is. It will be the same thing this time around.

Snyder may not know football, but he knows sales. Noone markets their situation better than Snyder markets the Skins. It doesn't hurt that he has shown a willingness to pay more than asked.

Fassell, Green, Rhodes, Crennell, Weis, etc., etc. Once Dorian decides who he wants, it's a done deal.

Fact of the matter is that money talks and nobody around the league has shown better ability than Snyder at closing deals. In this regard, we should feel fortunate as fans. The one thing that worries me though is that our front office often times doesn't do the best job at thinking thoroughly through their decisions before deciding which player or coach to select.

Agreed.

Snyder WILL get the man he wants. No doubt about it. The question is whether the man he wants will get what he wants too and whether asking for what he wants will impact just who the Dan wants :). I don't have any idea what that means :).

If Dan has his heart set on Green or Fassel, they'll be here. That we know.

again, if it comes down to the three coaches mentioned in Fassel, Green and Rhodes, then I hope it's Green.

I just don't understand how in the world Fassel is one everyone's list of coaches when he just finished a 4-12 season where his team just quit on him.

Originally posted by Nighthawk

again, if it comes down to the three coaches mentioned in Fassel, Green and Rhodes, then I hope it's Green.

I just don't understand how in the world Fassel is one everyone's list of coaches when he just finished a 4-12 season where his team just quit on him.

Night,

Fassel had two of 11 starters playing in position on offense to end the year. This was not a team that was going to be all that good. I didn't see the Giants quit on us. They came out and competed on defense where they were also injured. Offensively when Collins went down they just got wrecked. Happens. Palmer is not exactly a savior. I think Fassel gets a bit of a pass for this year because of the circumstances.

Originally posted by Nighthawk

As opposed to Green's last season in which he went 5-10 before quitting on his team?

Archived