Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you think we are hard on Spurrier, ...

mhd24

the truth of the matter is the local media and fans are not hard on the Redskins at all. if you look at most top 15 markets around the US, you will see a press and public more ready to jump on coaches and players for poor performances.

think Spurrier would have been a hit in New York after 7-9 and then 5-11 seasons? :laugh:

If he and Jerri think Washington is a meat-grinder just try selling 5-11 to Miami fans, who are chomping at the bit for changes on a team that has gone 10-6 and 9-7.

It is ironic that some posters on this board think we are that tough on Mr. Gator and the front office given how others are treated.

But then again, for Mr. and Mrs. Gator, revered in Florida, to be treated like mere mortals in Washington and actually get questioned about the methods being used must seem like a stoning offense :laugh: :laugh:

the truth of the matter is the local media and fans are not hard on the Redskins at all. if you look at most top 15 markets around the US, you will see a press and public more ready to jump on coaches and players for poor performances.

:rotflmao:

All jokes aside, in my quest for news, about the only place that is really more harsh on their teams than DC I have found is NY.

evidently you have never lived in NY or Boston my friend :)

Jim Fassel got fired a year removed from 10-6 and a couple of years removed from a Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, here we have nothing concrete to show for 2 years of shuttling in and out players to come up with the 'big attack' that Spurrier planned on unleashing on the NFL.

The Redskins were ranked #20 in offense in 2002 and #24 in 2003.

Now, that is what I call scaring the opposition into submission :D

Originally posted by bubba9497

:rotflmao:

All jokes aside, in my quest for news, about the only place that is really more harsh on their teams than DC I have found is NY.

I disagree. While you will find some NY sports radio stations going off on anything and everything like crazed lunatics, the mass media is relatively disinterested in the Jets and the Giants. NYC revolves around baseball. Everything else lies at the fringes of pop culture attention.

Originally posted by bulldog

It is ironic that some posters on this board think we are that tough on Mr. Gator and the front office given how others are treated.

But then again, for Mr. and Mrs. Gator, revered in Florida, to be treated like mere mortals in Washington and actually get questioned about the methods being used must seem like a stoning offense :laugh: :laugh:

To which Spurrier replies:"Redskins fans deserve a championship team. I've said that many times. They come to the ballpark. They scream and yell even though we didn't play very well this year. I thought they were super. Redskins fans are the best in pro football. That's my opinion."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/2003/week17/quotes28.htm

Yep, Mr. Gator appreciates your kind words and observations Mr. Bulldog.

The bottom line is he hasn't done what he came here and said he was going to do.Beat the cowboys.....the team is alot worse off than it was when he got here.....how did he win at Florida???...oh thats right he just got the cream of the crop out of high school every year.........

Archived