Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why didn't Champ return in the 2nd half?

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Will somebody please tell me why Champ wasn't back in the 2nd half? At some point they mentioned that he had a scratch on his face and had not returned from the locker room to start the half and then I never saw or heard of him again.

Please tell me that it was/is something more serious than that when we have guys like Coles and Ramsey gutting it out with broken bones in their feet and leaving it all out there on the field. Seems to me he got "I-just-got-toasted-by-Marty-Booker-and-don't-want-to-play-anymore-itis".

Someone tell me. Please.

"Bailey was beaten by receiver Marty Booker for a 59-yard touchdown on the BearsĀ“ fifth play of the game. Bailey suffered a deep facial cut and a mild concussion on the play when he tried to make a diving tackle to prevent a Booker from scoring and putting the Bears up 7-3.

Bailey returned for the next couple of series, then left the game before halftime. "

This according to an article in the times. So yea. It was kinda serious. That concussion thing I would imagine.

Lost in all this is the fact that Bauman played a very solid game for us. Some people here like to bash Bauman, but he seems to be a pretty solid corner in his second year.

From what I can tell, he only gave up three short completions and played solid run support. Smoot played well too, but gave up more completions than Bauman did.

Archived