Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hire Joe Bugel Thread

Sonny Joe Hog

I don't think you can bring back most guys that have been out of football for many years. (I know Vermeil did it, but he's the only one) The game has changed a lot in recent years, and if a guy like Bugel or Tillman or Pettibone hasn't been employed for a while in the NFL, he will have trouble getting back up to speed. We need people who are active now, and there are a number of good smashmouth OC's and DC's out there that we could hire who would be better than the old geezers who have been out of football 10 years.

I think if you bring back Bugel, you have to give him some younger, but experienced, up and coming coordinators on both sides of the ball. This team needs a true leader for a HC, not an X and O's guy like Norv or SOS.

Joe Bugel is not the answer.

1) He has been out of the game too long

2) He was not a very good head coach when given the opportunity.

3) It would give the message that we are still wrapped up in the past. The Joe Gibbs years are over.

Snyder has to give Spurrier one more year. If he fires him, NO head coach of any quality will want to come here. If Spurrier does not improve next year, he has already said he will resign after year 3, giving Snyder an "out", clearing the way THEN for a good coach to come to Washington. Spurrier MUST be here for year three.

Same goes for George Edwards. I really don't believe in the guy, but Snyder has to keep him or we will eventually lose every defensive player of any quality the first chance they get.

The REST of the staff should be evaluated and changed if necessary.

Originally posted by Lone Star Skin Fan

Snyder has to give Spurrier one more year. If he fires him, NO head coach of any quality will want to come here.

I dont entirely agree with this. Marty was fired, but Snyder still was able to sign the most sought after college coach in Spurrier. Money talks. $5 million a year is a great incentive.

If Snyder offers Jimmy Johnson enough, Johnson would also come out of retirement too, believe me. :D

Archived