Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brett Favre and the Pack

Zen-like Todd

First of all, I would like to inform you all that I shall be rooting for the success of the Packers throughout the rest of the season. They have been my favorite non Redskins team for a long time, for a lot of reasons. I get the feeling that this sentiment is shared by a lot of people on this board.

Now, on to Favre. After today, he's up to 285 career touchdown passes, and has passed for 30 or more TDs in six separate seasons. The reason I bring this up is that the three Quarterbacks with the most all time Passing TDs are as follows:

420, Marino (in 16 seasons)

342, Tarkenton (in 17 seasons)

300, John Elway (in 15 seasons)

Favre is on track to take over 3rd place in the middle of next year. He's played for 10 seasons (only 2 games his rookie year), and if he plays only 5 more with an average of 20 TDs a year (lets give him 5 more tds for this season just for easy math), that's 390 TDs. Averaging 25 TDs a year would give him 415. I think he has a genuine shot at a record that most people thought would be exceedingly difficult to break.

actually I don't like the Packers any more than the 49ers or Cowboys, all teams whose fans and organization believe that they invented the game of football.

if there is any team I would root for it is the Patriots or Steelers, teams that have come out of nowhere to contend this season. they may not win the Super Bowl, but it would be a cinderella story if they did.

I like the Pack and da Bears, except yesterday of course.

I really hope the Rams lose in the playoffs.

Here's some superbowl Matchups I'd like:

1. Steelers vs. Bears

2. Steelers vs. Packers

3. Steelers vs. 49ers

4. Steelers vs Bucs

5. PAts vs Bucs

6. Pats vs. Packers

7. Pats vs. Bears

8. Pats vs 49ers

9. Jets vs Packers

10. Jets vs Bears

11. Jets vs 49ers

12. Jets vs Bucs

I think the playoffs are almost set.

AFC:Steelers,Jets,Pats,Dolphins,Raiders,Ravens

I think the first 3 have the best chance in the afc. I think the Raiders aren't going anywhere. Dolphins will have to face either the jets or pats in the playoffs. Ravens won't repeat.

NFC:Rams,49ers,Packers,Bears,Bucs,Eagles

It's the Rams to lose but I hope anyone else except the Eagles and Rams make it.

What I really want to see happen is for the Giants to win out and the Eagles to lose out.

At this point, nothing would make me happier than to see the Eagles miss out on the playoffs.

I think the only dubious part of this equation is NY beating GB. The rest of the scenario is very realistic.

Archived